How do you read the reviews posted by guests of other Airbnbs?

Kevin-s0
Level 10
Minamiashigara, Japan

How do you read the reviews posted by guests of other Airbnbs?

Some guests are routinely positive. They are positive happy people. Others are the opposite. They are very difficult to please,

and have a negative word to say about everything, no matter the consequences to one`s business.  Advice columns say you should

check out what guests are like by how they review previous hosts, so you can screen them beforehand.

How does one do this easily?

5 Replies 5
Sandra126
Level 10
Daylesford, Australia

Problem is they are not dated, but if you are lucky you will see them by going into the profile of the host who reviewed them, and if they don't have a gazillion reviews you can just scroll down to see what your prospective guest wrote.

Sharon114
Level 10
Lincoln, United Kingdom

The first time a guest did not leave a review I was curious to see if they had left reviews for previous hosts.  It took a while but I found that each time this particular guest had left a review it was extremely negative.  I like to think that no review was probably an indication that the guest found nothing to complain about.

I think you may be right!

David
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I always check out reviews guest have left for other hosts and if they are generally negative then I don't accept their bookings as I know they are unlikely to be guests who have anything positive to say 😞

@Sandra126 is exactly correct, airbnb appears to have gone out of their way to make referencing guest reviews of other hosts very difficult to find, otherwise why on earth remove dates? I suppose it's easy for airbnb execs to make decissions that affect the safety of us little people in order to increase revenue, like mainstream instant booking. After all they probably need the extra money to higher extra security, build bigger homes they don't share, and isolate themselves from the general public. Sure most people and stays are good. But if you get 1 in 20 who are nuts thats a serious safety concern. Just read story after story here of people trying to earn a little extra, who are put in insane positions and predicaments in their own home. And each of these stories is followed by how do I contact airbnb? This is just wrong. And while I appreciate the opportunity airbnb has given me, I feel hosts need to start speaking out and requesting more from airbnb to insure our safety and our property.