How does one contact airbnb to complain about an inaccurate review?

Yvonne16
Level 2
Auckland, New Zealand

How does one contact airbnb to complain about an inaccurate review?

They used to be so easy to get hold of, now it's an arcane procedure I can't seem to fathom.

I got critical comments about breakfast which I say on the site is toast and cereals (2 types of bread, 5 spreads, 2 types of muesli, tea and coffee) but when this elderly Canadian coule arrived they said they never ate any of this food. They wanted eggs. They proceeded to buy and cook eggs even though I also state no kitchen use.

Also they claimed I didn't clean the bathroom floor when I'd actually scrubbed it on my hands and knees.

And they arrived four hours earlier than I'd suggested. But no, like the eggs, I didn't say anything and they certainly didn't thank me.

It seems unfair that the response of two grizzling guests who fail to read what you're offering can drag your stats down. Also why can't I get hold of airbnb any more? They used to be so available. Now it's a total mystery.

4 Replies 4
Dave-and-Deb0
Level 10
Edmonton, Canada

Hi @Yvonne16,

Here is a help guide on contacting Airbnb: https://community.airbnb.com/t5/Tips-Tricks/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

I had a look at the review and it seems like quite a nice review.  Your response to the review actually puts out into the open that there were issues with this guest and does not show nicely upon you.  I would contact Airbnb and see if they would be willing to remove your response.  Did the guest give you low star ratings?  It is obvious that the guest provided feedback in the private section which we do not see.  If you want to respond to the guest, I would do this through the messaging system.

Good luck!

Dave

David

Superhost Ambassador ~ Host Club Community Leader ~ Community Expert ~ Experienced Co-Host

They gave me low ratings though I'd been close to sueprhost status and also left a complaint which possibly wasn't visible to you but was to me - and made it clear their low ratings were based on misinformation.I don't regret giving them a harsh comment. I only wish I'd given them low ratings.

Fiona2
Level 7
Pasadena, CA

Wow Yvonne. Your withering response to them is a good example of why people should take a breath and calm down before hitting the keyboard. They left you a nice review. You left them a nice review which is puzzling considering your complaints about them arriving early, expecting more than what is on offer and using your kitchen without permission or thanks. If they were so "graceless" and "entitled" you should warn future hosts. You responded to what must have been private comments that noone else would have seen but you.

I looked at your listing for where they stayed and you do have kitchen and breakfast crossed out so they shouldn't have had any expectations if that's what it said when they booked. I don't see the language you referenced about providing bread and spreads, etc. Check to make sure you have it in all your listings if that is your intent.

Check your Reservations/Itinerary for a phone number for Airbnb to contact them.

Fiona2
Level 7
Pasadena, CA

I see your positive review of your guests as well as your blistering response to their positive review have been removed so you clearly managed to contact Airbnb or your guest did. Please update.