How to contact local hosts to start a live community

Maria269
Level 2
Thessaloniki, Greece

How to contact local hosts to start a live community

Hello to everyone!!!

My name is Maria and I host a private room in Thessaloniki, Greece. I want to contact the hosts of my city so that we can form a group somewhere to talk about hosting in Thessaloniki, maybe hold some meetings as well. Is there any way I can send them private  messages? Also, is it allowed that I create eg. a facebook group for that? 

I think this would be such a helpful thing for local hosts.

Please someone answer me! I have spend a whole day trying to figure out if this is somehow possible and I 'm starting to get a little dissapointed...

7 Replies 7
Gwyneth0
Level 2
Albuquerque, NM

I agree with you Maria!! It's so hard to track down other hosts in my town too and I think it could help me do such a better hosting job with a litte local support.. I see meet ups in the big cities but I wouldn't even know how to do that here in Albuquerque. Hmm

Thanks for saying that Gwyneth! It means a lot that you replied even if you don't have the answer. I will try to contact someone with authority and I'll write back to this conversation if I get a reply.

My name is Vicki. I have have used airbnb and I am considering becoming a host and I live in Albuquerque are there meetups or any other hosts in Abq. to talk with? This is to Gwyneth, if no one answers your message I would like to talk with you or talk with others you have talked with locally.

hi there!  I am so excited to see this post!  I'm  super into seeing what other hosts are finding in this city and just having an idea of others around is super cool!  I'm up for chatting and finding out if there are meetings..  I have listings that always have a Minnow reference in them so maybe then you can message me there then... I look forward to getting in touch miss Vicki!  

Birgit0
Level 3
Long Beach, CA

Hi Maria,

Have you had any luck establishing a host group?  I have spend lots of time trying to do this, to no avail.  I have send several requests to Airbnb from the specific page that invites people to start a host group.  I have made several call to them.  I have received no answer at all.

Birgit

Apostolos--and--Magdalen0
Level 2
Thessaloniki, Greece

Hello !

I am Magdalene from Thessaloniki. I am also a host. I like the idea to have a group to contact other hosts in Thessaloniki or near by cities and talk about hosting, our problems, our ideas, ... etc

I think that this group can work here in Airbnb comunity,  just starting a new conversation, or we can start a group in facebook. Meeting each other is a good idea, also.

But, I prefer to speak in Greek.

SandyAndGreg0
Level 2
British Columbia, Canada

Has anyone had success in creating a group?  I'm surprised that I can't find any help from AirBnB yet.  Is there any way to band together in our and AirBnB's interest?  If not, I think hosting in our area will be regulated into meaningless by well-intentioned people who think killing AirBnB's will solve local housing problems.  Sunshine Coast BC Canada