How to leave a comment after I cancell as a guest

Shadé0
Level 1
Paris, France

How to leave a comment after I cancell as a guest

Hello everyone,

So I moved to a new city and booked a room for two weeks while I was looking for a long term accomodation. I found a long term apartment and I had to move out earlier than the planned date.

I wanted to simply modify my reservation so that my host could book someone else for the few remaining days but the system only let me modify the departure date to three days after I wanted to leave. In the end, and after  kindly informing my host, I cancelled the reservation after having spend 10 days in the room (instead of 14 days).

Now I would like to leave a nice comment to my host because my stay was really pleasant but I don't know how. When I go to the comment section, it says I don't have any comments to leave.

PS: There is no refund problem here, the cancellation policy was strict so I didn't get a refund, the host will keep all the money, that is ok with me, I knew the rules beforehand.

Thank you for your help!

5 Replies 5
David126
Level 10
Como, CO

Has the 14 days expired?

David

No, I just cancelled today.  

So possibly, @Shadé0, it's treated by the system as a full cancellation, in which case you cannot leave a review. Just to make sure, update your browser and clean the cookies, then log in again and check if you have a link to leave a review. Also, in the trip history check the status of that trip.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I usually get an email from airbnb to prompting me to review a guest the day or the day after they check out. So perhaps the review system just hasn't kicked in yet.

Shadé0
Level 1
Paris, France

Thank you for your help!

I tried cleaning the cookies and loging off and on again. My reservation is shown as cancelled but it still doesn't let me comment in the comment section. Maybe if I wait until the day of the planned end of reservation, then it will let me comment.