Husband and wife - one account

Jon183
Level 1
Ridgecrest, CA

Husband and wife - one account

Hi all, my wife and I have always traveled together using ABB but now she is taking a trip on her own and out of the country.  We booked it using our only account, but only I am getting messages from the host, updates from ABB etc.  I have made all kinds of profile changes - adding her name, adding her phone #, adding her to notifications, etc. but no luck so far.  Everything, including our feedback, has always been done jointly, but it seems that we are being forced to have 2 separate accounts even though we (almost) always travel together.  Is there any way around this?  How can I set it up so that she gets notified of any possible updates or problems on her upcoming trip while traveling in a foreign country?  Thanks!

1 Reply 1
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

Hello @Jon183 ,

Hi,
"Our(!) account" is registrated only in your name and has only your photo on it. When you two travelled together, i guess bookings were made only by you and your wife was the "extra guest" on these reservations.
If your wife want to make a booking for herself, she must own an account by herself. Even the host should not had  accepted the recent booking for your wife, as it is a "third party" booking, which is a violation of Airbnb rules. From a theoretical point of view i have no idea how this could be resolved, other than by starting all over again from scratch with a new account and a new booking for your wife. Maybe Airbnb has some "transfer existing booking to new account" solution, if you explain to them the mistake you made ? Or maybe they come up with other solution....

But if you leave it this way and the host also seems to cooperate in this "offence": Your wife could use your account during her trip for updates, emailing etc. But be aware of potential trouble which could arise if there is a severe issue with the accomodation.

Hope this helps, Emiel