I am new to Airbnb! My first guest is a foreigner? How do i ensure safe and smooth transaction?

I am new to Airbnb! My first guest is a foreigner? How do i ensure safe and smooth transaction?

The guest happens to be a lady and she is travelling alone. I stay about 2000 Km from the listed place. How do i ensure that the guest is the person who she says she is. How can I ensure that I do not suffer any losses or damages to my property and that the guest will vacate my apartment on the last day. Am I covered for any damages?

4 Replies 4
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Hansraj0   If you are not there to greet and orient your guest, how does the guest gain access?  Is there self check-in? What about after the guest checks out?  Who inspects the property after the guest leaves?  

Do you have a security deposit?  Are you familiar with Host Protection?  Hope you can read up on how this platform works so you can feel more comfortable.

I have informed her that i stay veryfar and that I will be coming to the apartment only to get the apaprtent ready for her.  If it is a lady i plan to take the flight and be there when she checks in. for gents I guess they can manage. But at all times i have decided that i will inform guests that I stay far and will come down only if needed. 

The facility is part of an apartment block and we do have a caretaker to manage things....so till things settle down and I am able to find a co-host, guess i will have to ask the caretaker to help out. I have a cleaning agency that will clean the facility before a guest checks in. I can manage this from where I am staying.

I do have a security deposit. But does Airbnb offer any cover?

I will definitely read up on host protection...thnx for pointing it out

José70
Level 5
Lisbon, Portugal

If you or someone else are not there, you can't. If you are not there, have you told the guest that? Does she knows? And how can she knows that you,as a host, are who you say you are,if you are not there? Maybe you should reconsider this type of hosting style...

Thnx for the response.... The guest is aware of the fact that I stay far and may not be available at all times. The caretaker of the apartment block where this facility is located has agreed to help out till such time i find a co-host or someone more permanent to assist me. All interaction is via the airbnb portal.