I can't access my airbnb account

I can't access my airbnb account

I am experiencing difficulties in accessing my account.

Basically after I insert my email address and password, a message comes out saying "Sorry, something went wrong".

The Help section is not helping at all, since this is made of a FAQ dropdown list which is not relevant to this issue and there is no way of contacting Airbnb support.

Also some help sections are accessible only after logging in, which is not helpful if your problem is that you can't log in!

I suspect that this has to do with the fact that I have the Airbnb app installed on my android phone, and on my pc I am using the wifi tethering from the same phone.

This is a major glitch in the Airbnb system and it concerns me a lot.

What if at one point I can't manage my reservation???

Mark 0 out of 10 for the Airbnb support team...

8 Replies 8
Ash-and-Dasha0
Level 10
Redwood City, CA

You should try a different browser. Sometimes Chomes has glitches with airbnb cite. But you can obviously access your profile to leave posts here 🙂 They are still under your profile and I could look up your profiles, reviews and listing by just clicking on your pic. 

Clare26
Level 2
Edinburgh, United Kingdom

I get exactly the same.  Login popup is slow to appear and I then get 'Sorry something went wrong. Please try again.'

I have tried both a laptop and a tablet - same on both.  If I deliberately use a wrong username or password I get a username/password error.  Only when I put the correct username and password do I get the 'something went wrong' message.

Clare26
Level 2

The login page on the Community allows me to log in as I was able to post the above message but if I click login link on airbnb.com page I get error.

Patrick116
Level 3
Singapore

Pietro, Which country are you based? I am from Singapore. I called Airbnb and they said it's something to do with the internet of my country. I don't believe. Patrick
Jesse81
Level 1
Dallas, TX

They been telling me its my bank

Fiona302
Level 2

I too can;t access my account and have a samsung phone. It was fine before the updates. I was told to change my password twice delete the app then download it again done all that but still can't access my account. I need to see my calendar to block some dates when I am going on holiday. This has been going on for over a week. I have had phone calls but not helpful at all.

Please Airbnb as if guests arrive when I am on holiday well they just wont get in. That is not professional but what can I do. Sort it.

Fiona

Andrew1441
Level 1
Brightlingsea, United Kingdom

I am having the same problem logging in to my Airbnb account on my Samsung tablet (android 8). I don't have the app I am just using a browser. I have tried both Chrome and Firefox with the same "something went wrong message". I know that I am using the correct email address and password because it works okay with my ancient desktop pc (currently still running windows xp) but site keeps becoming unresponsive in Chrome.  I have tried clearing the cache and making sure I am logged out on the pc but nothing will make it work. However I have just managed to log in using Chrome on my Samsung J6 phone (android 9). 

Paul684
Level 1
French Island, Australia

REALLY frustrating. Two people wanting to book. I CANNOT sign in as a host and thus cannot respond. Infuriating.