I can't send special offer

Doug22
Level 1
NY, NY

I can't send special offer

Someone wants to book.  I want to add a deposit to their reservation.  

There is no 'send a special offer'.  Only accept or decline.  Not sure where the tab went.  

If it were there, could I add a deposit?  And where did the tab go?  (We have have two messages back and forth. Does that make the tab disappear? )

thank you 

doug

28 Replies 28
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

A special offer would be for the full amount including the cleaning fee if you have one.  There is no option to pay in instalments.

If you have a reservation request, why would you want to send a special offer ? They are already ready to book at your listed rates, so the special offer button is useless and unneccesary and will only appear with inquiries, not with booking requests.

Click accept and you have gotten yourself a booking for your asking price.

The only way to add the local VAT is by special offer and that’s how AirBNB suggests we do it. They only collect the state tax in my state. I still have to collect an additional 6% for the county 

Ralf5
Level 10
Inzell, Germany

Hi @Doug22,

I don't think that the messeges back and forth do have impact on the missing "send a host offer" button. I recently had a booking request along with some messages and then I could send a special host offer.

I suggest you either contact airbnb support or also you could accept the offer and afterwards modify the reservation. But why don´t you just define the deposit generally in your price settings?

I am not sure, if you now enter a deposit generally for your listing, if this will be already applied to this actual booking (probably not, because the booking request came in before you make this price change). Recently we had a similar case here in Germany, where a host forgot to enter a deposit for his listing, the booking has been accepted, than he did send a modification request and lowered the daily rate by 1 Euro and also did put in a deposit, the guest accepted... 

I am also having the issue of needing to add a pet deposit of $50 but not seeing he special offer option from the travelors reservation request. I didn't know the difference between an inquiry and a request. No matter, it is a newbie and I need to charge her $50 for her cat to join her for the month.  I also need help knowing how to contact support for airbnb directly. 

Thanks

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Doug22  If the guest sent you an inquiry, you could send them a Special Offer.  If the guest sent a Reservation Request, your only possible responses are Accept or Decline. 

Question:  Why do you want to add a deposit?  For what purpose?  When you confirm a reservation request the guest pays in full for the reservation.  What's the deposit for? 

@Shelby4

You can collect through the resolution center.

Hi

In fact, there can be several reasons why to send a special offer.

During the conversation, the guest can add they bring a pet, order special meal, special bed arrangement or maybe want to use other facilities.

As a host, its important to have this option.

John

Kevin122
Level 2
Denver, CO

Decline the request.  Tell them to make an "inquiry" instead, then you can make a special offer.

Andrea603
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

The ONLY solution to this topic is:

1- You send a message to your guest to inform that you will decline the request in order to send a special offer

2- You DECLINE the request

3- A window pops up asking for the reason, you unblock the dates and confirm

4- You open again the conversation with your guest in the inbox section

5- The SPECIAL OFFER will be at the bottom of the Reservation Details just after the price 

It happen to me and I called the customer service, they were also struggling in give me an answer... 

Andrea is absolutely right. This is the only thing that worked for me!

That is bad. I have a guest that I send special offer a request for everything for several days for that month. I don't see a logical reason why they would not create a feature for sending special offers more seamlessly. 

Would seem much easier for both guest and host if the special offer button was available on the request to book page. Who wants to start out a reservation by having to decline someone, instead keep it positive, delete that step and bring back the special offer button.

I have sent in feedback to https://www.airbnb.ca/help/feedback and suggest anyone else who wants the special offer button back to do the same!

Yes!

Andrea603
Level 3
Amsterdam, Netherlands

The ONLY solution to this topic is:

1- You send a message to your guest to inform that you will decline the request in order to send a special offer

2- You DECLINE the request

3- A window pops up asking for the reason, UNBLOCK the dates and confirm

4- You open again the conversation with your guest in the inbox section

5- The SPECIAL OFFER will be at the bottom of the Reservation Details just after the price 

It happen to me and I called the customer service, they were also struggling in give me an answer...