I’m a New host

I’m a New host

Hi so I just got started I’ve had about three or four reservations and they all seem to go OK I got good reviews from three of them one of them some happened I’m not even sure what happened.  but I thought it might be getting more reservations and I’m not ,just wondering why because this actually I think it’s pretty nice but it’s it’s not real fancy but it looks pretty good I think who knows maybe it’s just average .

3 Replies 3
Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Evan711 it wont help when you respond to private feedback publicly exposing a cooling issue. Perhaps ask Airbnb to delete your response (they have to in Europe - not sure in USA).

After that go on Airbnb and compare other listings in your area for what they charge and what they provide.

@Evan711   When listings first go live, they have a few weeks' honeymoon period where they're placed artificially high in search results. The pace of bookings that comes after that bump has expired is the more realistic indicator of how your occupancy rates will be. You can check AirDNA.co for data on how similar listings in your area are performing and how it varies by season.

Looking at the photos on your listing, the immediate vibe it throws off is "Man Cave." That's a niche, and if you wanted to you could even lean into it. But your description text is a bit at odds with it. "The whole family" is not your ideal target market - this space is much more suitable for a solo traveler or a couple. Also, there is no sleeping area shown even though the listing describes a separate bedroom, which is confusing.

Sudsrung0
Level 10
Rawai, Thailand

@Evan711 

When you first went live did you offer the recommended 20% discount for your first 3 bookings? Look at other listings in your area, Play around with the wording, why would people book your place?