I’m a new host

I’m a new host

Hi all I’ve created my profile and added the rooms that are available,( I’m not live yet) I want to also add the entire home as a rental is that possible to do on the same house profile?? 

7 Replies 7
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Ruth357,

In the same way that you added listings for the rooms you can add a listing for the whole house to your profile.

Just click on "Add listing" when you log in to your account. That listing will then have to be set as "Entire place" type.

So as not to have double bookings you should turn off instant book on the room and the whole house listings. You should also link each room listing's calendar and the whole house listing's calendar.

I suggest turning off instant book until you see if the calendar synch is working. Note though that there may always be some delay in the synchronisation.

The article below has information on setting up multiple listings and synchronising their calendars.

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/289

Steve.

Thank you Steve, that’s very helpful, I suppose it’ll take me while to figure it all out 

Cormac0
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

@Ruth357

It is my earnest suggestion before you go live, stay on these blogs for at least a month it’s a revelation and could potentially save you a lot of money.

I would go so far as to say you should snooze your listing if you have gone live and acquaint yourself with the machinations of the Airbnb system.

Thank u cormac for your input, I really don’t want to wait a month, I’m hoping to get the end of the summer months in while I can 

I’m new as well and I can’t seem to be able to reply to texts regarding bookings. 

@Ann26723 Do you have the Airbnb app on your phone?

Debra300
Level 10
Gros Islet, Saint Lucia

@Ruth357,

You can create multiple listings of the same dwelling, and link the calendars to avoid double-booking.  Here is the page with instructions:  https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/1864/how-do-i-link-airbnb-calendars-for-multiple-listings. When one listing is booked it blocks the calendar on the linked calendar.