I verified my ID, but airbnb won't let me book any places.

Jane359
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

I verified my ID, but airbnb won't let me book any places.

I received my email notification confirming that I did indeed verify my ID (and it states so on my profile). 

Airbnb continues to tell me I'm either not authorized or that it's not possible to go through with the booking.

Support/customer service tells me my issue has gone through to a "specialized member" and that they'll contact me through email. I have yet to receive any word.

I need to book a place as soon as possible! Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

12 Replies 12
Marit-Anne0
Level 10
Bergen, Norway

@Jane359

For the moment it looks like your profile has been taken down.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jane359,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I'm sorry to hear about this. Do you have any news? 

Let us know!

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

hi Quincy in London. I have the same issues... all I want to do is book a room. All my ID is verified, but the system still won't let me book.

thanks for a swift reply,

elizabeth

Hi I’m having trouble booking. The host invited me to join and I’m still receiving a message saying my reservation can’t be completed.

A40
Level 1
United States

I have experienced this as well. Airbnb registration process in my opinion is not the most user friendly at all.  People are willing to use the air bnb platform but the system is error prone. It has gotten to a point where they even blocked my account even after I provided all my info. Their customer service team even suggested that I should create new account. 
Long story short, I still couldn't book and pay through their platform. It's almost as if they don't want people to use their service. In the end I booked via another provider. I don't think I would use Airbnb again. Ridiculous sign-up experience and bad customer service.

Michelle670
Level 1
San Antonio, TX

Hi Jane, 

Same thing is happening to me! Just wanted to see what did you end up doing in your case? 

I'm desperate to book before I run out of places. 

Jonathan421
Level 1
Nashville, TN

Any alternatives to Airbnb? They gave me the same issues. Completed process but won't allow me to book. 

Robert976
Level 1
Columbus, OH

Same things happening to me! Waiting for their It tech team to email me. Terrible customer service not user friendly AT ALL. Had to google the number to call because the website throws you in a nasty help loop that gets you know where and the customer hotline is no where to be found! Would love to see if anyone has had any luck or solutions.

Meredith71
Level 2
Wellington, New Zealand

Dear AirBNB

Just a friendly reminder that you are not running a country. Becoming a user should be eaiser than citizenship. 

You have my Facebook and Google password, a dozen photos, emails, mobile number, and MY PASSPORT. All I need to book a hotel is a credit card and a name... I could be Fred Flintstone at the Marriott.

You guys need to chill.

Cheers

Robin424
Level 2
Wake Forest, NC

I had a reservation paid in full, and received an email in my junk folder from them that I didn't see until almost 2 weeks after it was sent asking me to provide a goverment ID, which I had done over a year ago. They have my personal and work email, my driver's license, my phone number my credit care and they still cancelled my reservation. I have reached out to the owner of the property to please hold this until I get this resolved. I'm so angry. I've called for 2 days. I even received an email this evening stating that my ID (sent it again today though they say they will only ask for it once) that they had received it, and everything was good to go. EXPLORE. So I went on line to book my honeymoon and I got through the whole process except it would not take my money!!!!!! So I just got off the phone with them and still they can't tell me anything. I'm part of an investigation! What investigation for what? What's wrong with my account? Why doesn't anyone call back? I ran an Inn in Beaufort, NC for 3 years and we used this service and I never saw anything like this, if I had we would have cancelled our listings! Seriously can't believe that all these beautiful people with homes they want to lease would tolerate this level of service. RIDICULOUS.

Thomas1118
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Airbnb unfortunately have some serious customer issues here.

First, they are inundated with redtape: their higher level team is non communicado, the people that answer the phone are restricted to perform only certain button presses at best.

Secondly: they tell you they will get back you within days, and it can take months.

Thirdly: their system over flags issues. They think they are running a country. It becomes at some point an almost Kafka like experience. 

Apparently they think I am not who I say I am. This, takes months to investigate. It is at best comical as I have my swedish passport in hand.

Lindsey185
Level 1
Houston, TX

Im having the same issue and ive previously booked b4 😞