If someone sends a booking request is your calendar blocked?

Ann10
Level 10
New York, NY

If someone sends a booking request is your calendar blocked?

This woman sent a booking request, but now she isn't answering my questions. It seems my calendar is blocked. I don't want to decline her because I don't want to lose my SH status. I asked her if she is no longer interested to withdraw the request, but nothing. I guess I could unsync my ABB calendar so at least it isn't blocked on other sites. Anyway, is my ABB calendar blocked? BTW she has no profle, no photo, no anything. She just joined. I don't want some newbie messing up things for me. 

5 Replies 5
Alexandra316
Level 10
Lincoln, Canada

@Ann10Did you send her a pre-approval? If so, when you send it, you have the option to block the dates while you're discussing the reservation. If you didn't choose that option, the dates will not be blocked: they will be open for anyone to book. 

No, she sent me a booking request.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Ann10 Has it been more than 24 hours since you got this request? If so AirBnB will block the dates if you did not accept or decline during that 24 hour period. If not aprove it with your rules clearly stated the approval message and request that this approval is conditional on questions asked being answered and guests agreement to ALL rules as stated in this message. 

Cathie19
Level 10
Darwin, Australia

Hi @Ann10. I am thinking the same as @Letti0 in steps you can take. You can send her through requests to add a profile and a facial  image for security. As you like to ensure you are not receiving third party bookings.

If you have not preapproved or accepted the booking, the dates shouldn’t be blocked unless you are on “instant book”. With IB you can place prerequisites such as must have Govt ID, a good review...then if they don’t, they have to contact you personally to request a booking. That’s when you can insist on your rules including accepting guests with profiles and facial images.

We all have to start somewhere, so please don’t be too harsh on a new member on the Airbnb platform. I have taken newbies, and just guide them through the processes, and they are generally very grateful.

As an aside, you do not have an profile image that assists guests knowing who you are. We as hosts are also asked to provide facial images, so you may need to be a good role model.

🙂

Cathie

Ann10
Level 10
New York, NY

@Letti0@Cathie0Some of my listings are in NYC which is complicated. The hotel business hates short term rentals, Airbnb in particular. Therefore I don't want my photo in a public forum.  I tell the guests they will get my photo as soon as they book. I do have instant book only on the property I'm asking about, however I have it set so only guests w good reviews can book. I don't trust ABB due to numerous past experiences so I get the IDs myself.   Guests that have committed crimes against me are still using the site, so I'll get the IDs myself and if need be I will call the cops. I think getting the IDs is a way to deter would be extortionists, etc from renting my place. 

Anyway, everything worked out and I ended up accepting her REQUEST(I did not preapprove her) but the days were blocked out in red. I'm still not sure if they could have been seen by other potential guests or not.  From past experience, I've learned calling CS in most cases is a waste these days. !No habla Igles! I have a feeling the days are blocked until you accept or decline.  I've been looking in the HELP CENTER, but still haven't found the right answer. Kinda like talking to the non-English speaking CS people. You put in one question and you get an answer to another. Oh well.