Impossible to cancel a booking which isn't visible anywhere on my profile,but it is visible on hosts

Answered!
Ivana63
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Impossible to cancel a booking which isn't visible anywhere on my profile,but it is visible on hosts

I was trying to book this host's listing and at that moment Airbnb site crashed. I gave up on it because it was showing as unavailable for the dates that I needed it so I booked another one for the same dates.

The problem is that the host contacted me today that I need to cancel the booking because it is showing in their profile that I've made a reservation. I can't see their listing anywhere and they can't cancel it. Can you please tell me how to resolve that because I don't want to be charged because of the glitch on a website for a trip that I didn't do.

Thank you

1 Best Answer
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Ivana63  This is a contact Air BNB  moment.  Probably the best way to reach Air BNB quickly is to use Twitter.  If you want to call and don't know how  look on this site for the community guide of the ways to reach Air BNB including phone numbers.

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Ivana63  This is a contact Air BNB  moment.  Probably the best way to reach Air BNB quickly is to use Twitter.  If you want to call and don't know how  look on this site for the community guide of the ways to reach Air BNB including phone numbers.

Ivana63
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hi.

I managed to contact them yesterday after been oh hold for 1 hour. And they sorted it out.

Thank you for finding time and answering me.

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

Try looking in 'Trips" (at the top of your laptop/desktop screen), @Ivana63. Does anything show up there?

Ivana63
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

No, nothing was showing here. 

Airbnb customer support sorted that out yesterday.

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Ivana63

Hi...have you paid for the booking? Check with your bank or credit card company and see if payment has been processed as you pay immediately. If so you have two options:

You can explain to the credit card company what happened and they should reverse the payment for you as it was an unathorised charge.  That is going to be the quickest option.

Alternatively contact AirBnb - via Twitter is easiest - search for AirBnB Help

Good luck

Hi! I had a guest request me to cancel a reservation but I get a message that I have to pay a fee or something? He is the one who wants to cancel, why do I need to pay a fee?

@Christopher134  If you are not well educated about the policies related to a host cancelling, you are in danger of making a costly mistake.  Go to the Help Center and read about host and guest cancelling.  Read the many, many posts on this website about the consequences of cancelling.  In summary, do not cancel unless there are extenuating circumstances.  Do not agree to a guest cancellation either or you will be penalized with blocked dates, possible financial penalties and no Super Host qualification for a year.  If the guest wants to cancel then the guest has to pay Air BNB fees.  That is why they want you to cancel.