Instant Book Problem

Sandra1103
Level 1
United States

Instant Book Problem

Hi, I am new to the airbnb format, I have been renting my place through VRBO.  I have been in conversation all day with a potential guest to book three nights that I recently had a cancellation on.  I sent her a special offer at 4:30 to book those 3 nights.  It said the offer was good until 3 PM tomorrow, Eastern time.  At 9:30 she went to put down the deposit and it said the dates were unabvailable.  When she complained and I looked into it, another party had come along at 8:30 and instant booked it for only 2 nights of these dates, paid in full and of course I was not notified.  What do I do?   

3 Replies 3

@Sandra0,

there is not a lot you can do at this point.

The person who made the 2-day Instant Booking has a confirmed reservation, and it would be very bad for you to do a host cancellation. (Plus doing a host cancellation would block you from renting out those 2 days on Airbnb. You could then rent them out on VRBO, I guess. But Airbnb does not look kindly on renting out your listing to Airbnb guests using any service but Airbnb.)

Going forward, if you have an Airbnb Inquiry, you are able to "soft" block those days on the calendar. In the past, blocking days in response to an inquiry used to prevent anyone from trying to book them. Now, a block done for an Inquiry leaves the days available, but only prevents Instant Bookings (so you get the chance to review multiple requests.)

So going forward, you might want to take advantage of that feature.

Elenita5
Level 2
Glendale, CA

This happen to me also I have a guess who’s inquiring  and accepted the booking all of a sudden someone book on the same date on IB I called the Airbnb and they charged 50 dollars cancellation and  they block those dates 

Elenita5
Level 2
Glendale, CA

Anyone can help me to get a housekeeping in Vegas  or can suggest