Instant Booking - Price Changes

Jay64
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Instant Booking - Price Changes

Hi Y'all I'm a new host and my settings were automatically set to Instant Booking, didn't realize this was a thing until I received a few Confirmed reservations. 

Anyway, a Guest was able to book my apartment at an extremely low rate and I have no idea why Airbnb would do this!! My rate is $95 and it was booked for $43/night!!!

I've explained the situation to the guest and updated the price with a significant discount (waived the weekend rate and no cleaning fee) and she's currently considering it. What can I do to avoid this doesn't happen again and how can I avoid a bad/cancellation review??

I've switched off instant bookings!!

3 Replies 3
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Jay64  Now that you have all your ducks in a row for your listing (including turning off IB) you should be good to go.  I looked at the listing and it looks really nice.  You also have an automatic cancellation review that you need to respond to.  In a few short sentences explain why there is a cancellation.  If this cancellation came as a result of IB and not being ready to book, you can contact Air BNB and request that you want the review removed and any blocked dates unblock.  Good Luck

So, Linda, I'm in the same situation. If you change the price after a guest booked instantly (I didn't know about IB in that time), and then they cancelled the reservation. What happens? I got an e-mail stating it will be refunded by your account. Now am I in minus or neutral? Thanks 

The guest will only be refunded what they have paid (and in line with any cancellation policy a host may have in place). So, guests can't 'benefit' from cancelling.

Price changes only apply to future bookings - not to existing ones.