Is my listing legit? Please help...

Is my listing legit? Please help...

I have booked an apartment in NYC. The host is new, and has just one review. The listing doesn't has very few pictures, just 4 - of a TV, some views from the windows and the bed. None of any whole rooms or the kitchen. The host doesn't have a profile picture and hasn't written anything about hismself. I got most of the info about the apartment (the amenities and description) from the one single review, and that review is positive, in fact the guest highly recommends the apartment. The host has sent me the address (not the apartment number - which I know may be for security purposes). He asked me for my email ID to send me the rest of the info about the apartment and checkin instructions. I don't mind giving him my email address at all, but he hasn't sent anything yet.

Now for the positives - The host is super responsive and very friendly. He has answered every single question and seems very understanding. Though he doesn't have a profile pic or personal info, he has provided a govt ID. And he asked my email ID just once and hasn't attempted to contact me otherwise outside the platform.

Can someone give their opinion about this? Do you think the host and listing are legit? Should I give him the benefit of doubt, since he is a newbie host? Or are these red flags? He seems like a very nice person, and my gut feeling is that he's just inexperienced....but somewhere I get this nagging feeling too

1 Reply 1

Can someone please give me a reply to my question? I approached Airbnb with this, and they said though the host is new, he is verified and that there's nothing to worry about. I have to admit that since I'm relatively new to Airbnb, I'm a bit paranoid. What I'm afraid of is that when I checkin, the place will be nothing like what is said in the review, and that the host also won't take responsibility for it, since he hasn't stated those things in his listing's description

The review says that there are 2 high def TVs, in a spacious, luxurious modern apartment and fully furnished and equipped living room. The host said that there is a washer dryer inside the unit. But what I find odd is that none of these things have mentioned in the description of the listing. I really don't know what to. Like I said, the host is extremely friendly and responsive. But I've been va victim to scams elsewhere quite a few times, and so my radar is up ALL the time! (Yup, serious trust issues, I guess :/) Can someone please, please guide me on this?