Linking listings conflicts with Custom Trip Length

Connie-And-Eric0
Level 2
Redwood City, CA

Linking listings conflicts with Custom Trip Length

I want to set a trip length requirement on linked listings. I have 3.  I'd like the same requirement across all linked listings. Based on the UI I get the sense that I need to set it 3 times.  But when I try to do so, I'm told that the "trip length requirement has already been set for those dates". But it's inconsistent (I was able to duplicate set for christmas, but not for memorial day weekend for example).  And I can't confirm if it's been done properly. Seems like a bug. Anyone else run into this issue?

2 Replies 2
Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Connie-And-Eric0 You should be able to customize trip lengths for any specific period of time, i.e. Thanksgiving, Christmas, special events etc.  When you go to manage your listing under Trip Length click on Add Another Requirement.  There you should be able to designate dates for which you want a custom minimum night stay.  I know of no limitations on this. 

If you are not sure your custom minimum night stay is set correctly, tell me what dates you have tried to set a custom minimun night stay and what that minimum is.  Also tell me which listings if they are not the same.  I'd be happy to check it out for you. 

Clare0
Level 10
Templeton, CA

@Connie-And-Eric0 Oh, and, yes you will need to set the custom minimun night stay on each listing separately.  Linked listings are only for the purposes of linking calendars to avoid double bookings. For example some hosts rent private rooms, but when they go on vacation rent their entire homes.  Obviously one cannot rent an entire home and a private room at the same time.