Location on map not accurate

Todd59
Level 1
Boothbay, ME

Location on map not accurate

I am new to airbnb and my very first reservation has raised concerns. I picked a location in a Boston suburb for its close proximity to where we need to be the next day very early in the morning. I understand that exact street locations are not going to be shown until after the reservation has been made, but the location I was provided is over 2 miles away in a completely different direction and neighboorhood then we were looking to stay. This does not seem to fit into airbnb's standards. I'm contemplating cancelling the reservation on principle alone, plus not sure its the neighboorhood we want to stay in. Does this happen alot?

3 Replies 3
Kiyomi2
Level 1
New Territories, Hong Kong

Hi there,

I am a host and two out of my five listings have the wrong spot on map and incorrect street number.  I go to help section and do the exact thing to revise, but the map rejects the address as @Restricted0@!  so cannot change the street number nor the map pointer.

And there isn't a number or email address for calling for help either.

So if you think you are not served right, I think it's not the fault of the host but the app's. 

I hope this information helps you to make a decision to cancel or not.

Yours

K.M.

Sometimes hosts put a landmark in the listing description.  For example, "We are across the street from John's Cafe."  This helps tremendously when figuring out directions on Google maps. I'm trying to find a room as close to my language school as possible for a long-term term stay so I understand this issue.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Todd59@Krista59    You can make sure a listing is in the area you need to be in by sending an Inquiry message to the host before booking or putting in a booking request. Simply tell the host where you need to be and ask them how far their place is from xxx.