Long term bookings

Heather263
Level 1
Paris, France

Long term bookings

Hello there , what happens if a guest books longer term for one or two months and I get paid for one month so far and they all of sudden need to cancel and move out literally the 4 th day of their arrival? I already got paid out so what happened now? This is insane!

**[Title Updated]

3 Replies 3
Priscilla46
Level 5
Concord, MA

Well - you got paid one month in full and can now re-list the property for almost 2 months so hopefully will make even more money. This is part of doing business - people's plans change. I have a strict cancellation policy. I know things come up for people - but I might have lost a booking. So I get some money no matter when they cancel. I don't feel bad collecting the money - even when I feel bad for their circumstances (though you are free to not charge them).  

Helga0
Level 10
Quimper, France

@Heather263, for longterm bookings, there is a special policy. 

https://www.airbnb.com/home/cancellation_policies#long-term

The guest needs to change the dates to his actual checkout and you get paid 30 more days. 

Lizzie
Former Community Manager
Former Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hello @Heather263,

Great to meet you.

I hope you don't mind, to make it easier to find you question and replies I have made this into a new topic here in the Help board. 

@Helga0 and @Priscilla46 have given you some good information here, has this helped put you mind at rest a little?

Thanks,
Lizzie

--------------------

Thank you for the last 7 years, find out more in my Personal Update.

Looking to contact our Support Team, for details...take a look at the Community Help Guides.