Minimum stay error?

Gary816
Level 2
Gattières, France

Minimum stay error?

Here is a question/ bug report sent today:

Please look at the enquiry I got for beginning of August- 2 to 7 . How many nights is that for? 5? How many nights was my min stay set for? 5? If that's right ... then there was an anomaly. The system said not possible due to minimum stay requirements. It looks like I have lost 1400 booking because of this. I then have to set the min stay to 1 night to get over this blockage? It looks like an off by 1 calculation error which is very common in computer programming. Possible reasons of getting 7-2 =less than 5?  Time zones of the server Vs time zone of the host if using remote calculations against check in /check out times?  Night of the 2nd to the 7th includes the  night of the 6th: 2nd,3,4,5,6th =5 nights, not 6-2=4... 

Anyone else had this problem?  

6 Replies 6
Michelle1618
Level 2
Austin, TX

I don't know if this is the same bug but they must be related. I  removed my 5 night minimum for July and August but people cannot book less than 5 nights once they put dates in -  it keeps requiring a 5 night minimum. I've called Airbnb for 7 days in a row and nobody will help  -I just get told they are working from home and someone will call me - never happens. zero communication. Apparently the tech dept. doesn't exist.  I have someone that has been trying to book for 2 nights for a week now and I can't help him. I'm sure I have lost a ton of bookings due to this glitch they can't figure out. How does a billion dollar company not have a tech team that can help its hosts?! 

If you have someone trying to book two nights, just send them a Special Deal that has the two nights.  There are some workarounds... but it is annoying.   

Was your issues fixed?

I am having the same problem now and I am hearing the same answers .

Sharon1166
Level 2
New Braunfels, TX

I have a 3 night holiday minimum that I have entered specifically by date for the 2021 holidays.  This includes Memorial Weekend.  Yet, on Monday, Marc 22, I received a reservation request for only 2 nights for Memorial WEekend.  I declined it.  In the process of declining it, Airbnb message boxes appeared and one said that since I'm declining, the dates would remain blocked until I "fixed" the problem.  (It is THEIR TECH GLITCH THAT IS THE PROBLEM!!)

I immediately went to the calendar and "re-entered" the 3 night minimum stay for the Memorial weekend dates and "saved" it again.  However, today, 2 days later, the dates are still blocked on my calendar.

HOW do I get Airbnb to unblock?  It is impossible to contact Airbnb because they don't want to have to answer any questions, they only want to take guests and my money. 

Alex8911
Level 1
Kissimmee, FL

I'm having a similar issue. I have a 2 night minimum and everyday it gets switched back to 1 night. This has been going on since Jan 2022. One rep told me someone hacked into my account and keeps changing the settings lol. I guess she's not aware of 2-step authentication. Another rep said the engineers are aware of the issue and are working on it. This is a joke. I may just start using another platform. 

@Gary816 , @Sarah5591 , @Alex8911 @Sharon1166 

Hi All!

This is kinda puzzling....have any of you opted in to the new Winter Release? Seems like min stay issues are popping up with those that have. If it continues to happen at random times, the only way to ensure you don't get bookings you don't want is to turn off Instant Book until the "bug" is resolved...not an ideal solution.

You could try turning on Pro Tools and creating a length of stay Rule Set and apply that manually to the dates you wish to "lock-in". If not familiar with Pro Tools, I posted a link to the Community Guide with screen shots below. Using a Rule Set was the only way to fix calendar problems after the Summer Release until bugs were worked out. 

Use Pro Tools and Rule Sets to Set Minimum Stay

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Community-Guides/GUIDE-Use-Pro-Tools-to-Set-Calendar-Custom-Pric...

Let us know if using Pro Tools and a Rule Set fixes the issue for you!