My host has rented out my apartment to someone else.

Jacques-Maxime0
Level 2
Søborg, Denmark

My host has rented out my apartment to someone else.

i am in this situation, i rented an apartment online via Airbnb and i paid the full amount 06 days before departure (01 month rental period).  but when i arrived to check in, the host had rent the same place to another one and offert me a room instead with air condition (instead of fan that was included for the apartment).

he asked me to wait for 02 weeks, i thought it was a fair deal. until i received a message from airbnb saying he want me to paid extra for aircondition as it is not included on my rental.

i had replied to airbnb agent that contacted me (the agent wrote to me saying if i dont resolve this within 48 hours my reservation will be cancel), and i will be waiting for his answer (i am here for 01 month).

my question shall i also fill a complaint against my host? or shall i make sure the agent that contacted me take care of this issue to?

any answer will be really appreciated , thank you 

4 Replies 4
Elena87
Level 10
СПБ, Russia

@Jacques-Maxime0

Have a look at the link below, 

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/250/what-if-a-host-informs-me-that-the-listing-i-already-paid-fo...

The host is moving the goal posts if he is asking for extra money now, if it wasn't intially agreed.

I can't say without knowing the other side of the story and how much the extra would be of course, but if the request is a surprise to you, time to take action.

I would certainly ask the host to have a face to face talk over this, as well as contacting the agent so they do fully understand the nuances of your situation, I think the host would have a 'cancellation' event held against him rather than yourself over this. Maybe it's an idea to find a different host if possible.

thank you Elena, for the link and more your answer.

what is nt said there, it is what to do. if you said no to a listing in the middle of the night, where to go what to do? because this is my exact situation when i arrived at the host place.

i think airbnb shall give maybe more security to traveller, because ; getting refund doesn't solve the issue ( in case at least).

i now received a hand writing bill, for air condition 7euro per night.  at the moment i just hope for the best, but for sure my experience and my goal here might be totally destroyed.

1000 thnak you

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Jacques-Maxime0,

Welcome to the Community Center!

I am sorry to hear that this has happened. I was wondering if you've seen Elena's reply to your question? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

now yes thank you, the case it is still going on. i just hope for the best