My instant booking is turned on BUT...

John231
Level 2
Calgary, Canada

My instant booking is turned on BUT...

I have a request for a booking that says "accept or decline". Why would I have to accept a booking if Instant booking is turned on? She says she can't find out how to "instant book" but when I look at the listing, "Instant book" is evident and other people have used it. When I click the "Accept" button I get a window that makes me check an "Agree to terms". I have never had to do that before and I have almost 100 bookings under my belt. Is the system being weird? Has something changed? Have I got a setting wrong?

Thanks

*****edit*****

couldn't figure it out but I wasn't comfortable accepting until I figured out what was going on. In the mean time she has cancelled her request which is fine with me.

8 Replies 8
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

Has this potential guest met your Instant Book requirements?

She has been verified. I don't know if she have agreed to house rules or has payment information entered.

Lilian20
Level 10
Argelès-sur-Mer, France

to me it sounds more like a booking that was accepted on both sides. Now, the guest is submitting to you a change in the booking and you've got to either accept or decline. 

Nothing major has changed. 

Can't see why your settings would be wrong when they were right for 100 bookings before.

Could be that you are burnt out.

No, not burnt out. The subject of the email I got was "Pending: Reservarion Request - Name of person" I have never had a "Pending: Reservation Request" before. This is a new, not a modification. I have done those before and they are different.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Maybe give BNB a call use the search function here if you don't have the number.

Ah PENDING. That means that their payment method has not been verified yet. At least that is what it meant the two times I had that message.

Thanks Susan. I don't see why I should accept a reservation from an unverified payee. I'm glad I held off and she went elsewhere. Thanks kindly for your input!

Glad it is all sorted, @John231. Just a note that if that guest could not "see" the way to instant book your place, it means instant book was not available to them. They did not meet your requirements in some way, and so had to enquire. In another thread on this forum some of us could see (and screenshot) the instant book lightning bolt on a poster's listing and some of us could not. It turned out some of us met the requirements of having reviews, and some of us had never been guests, so did not meet the requirements. Hence the different views. 

Something to keep in mind.