NEED YOUR ADVICE - Optimizing listing - boosting questions in search results

Tamar22
Level 3
Tbilisi, Georgia

NEED YOUR ADVICE - Optimizing listing - boosting questions in search results

Hello Dear Airbnb Hosts!

I am looking for your advice in optimizing my listing.

>>>>>    https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/24205149?s=51

This is my link and please take a look at this and maybe you can tell me what's wrong in it.

I  started hosting from April 2018. I have filled all the details about my listing starting from description (in 2 languages)  ending with guidebooks, house manuals and so on. I've read many articles about making listing proper, so I update it frequently, response rate is 100%, I got superhost status , added professional photos. BUT STILL. I dont have many views and therefore bookings on airbnb. 

When I search without my account, I almost don't see my apt on search results. 
on average I get 1 booking in a month on airbnb. Guests are really satisfied and I have all the excellent reviews, but number is very low , only 13 reviews from April.

Any suggestions are welcome!
Hope to hear something new from you.

> By the way as I know wishlist may somehow help you to get popularity, so if it's not very big deal for you, please add my listing to your wishlist. and moreover, if you think of coming to Georgia, we will host you with pleasure!

Thanks in advance!

15 Replies 15
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Tamar22  I looked at your listing and I can't see one thing I'd consider "wrong" with it. It's beautiful, the photos are great, the listing desciption is nice and informative, and you have wonderful reviews.

I think it could just be a matter of a lot of competition- I see lots of posts on these forums from Tblisi (which I'd never heard of before) and there's only a small fraction hosts and guests on these forums compared to the total number of Airbnb users, so there must be lots of listings you have to compete with.

Maybe get your friends to view your listing- I think the more it gets viewed, that helps in search rankings. They could also send you an Inquiry- just asking some question about your listing. They'll have to input dates, and you'll have to answer it within 24 hours, but you don't have to pre-approve or decline it. Also supposedly going in and changing something in your listing on a regular basis is reported to jump you in the rankings, in other words "activity". Even if you just go in and edit your price to a couple dollars more or less, then the next day you can change it back. 

A few weeks ago my listing was something like #66 out of 100 in my town, then it suddenly jumped to #32. The only thing that happened in that period was that I got two Inquiries and one Booking Request. So that obviously makes a difference.

Grace329
Level 5
Johannesburg, South Africa

Hi @Sarah977 without having to physically count the listings above me, is there a way of knowing my ranking? Like you mentioned you were number 66/100. Is there a tool that shows me my ranking?

@Grace329   Yes, I use something that another host here mentioned maybe a year or more ago. It's called "Porter App". Just Google it. They send me my ranking once a week. It's cool.

same goes with me, i cant see anything regarding my property on the listing ..

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Just go into Airbnb on a computer or tablet you don't normally use (don't log into your account) and search for your area. You can then see where your listing sits.

You don't need to pay for an app like Porter to do this.

@Helen3   The Porter App doesn't cost anything. I use it on my laptop- I don't use any phone apps. It's a lot easier than scrolling through pages of listings to see where yours is.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

ah @Sarah977just seen there is a free version. Once I have registered where can I see where my listing is sitting in the rankings? Thanks 

@Helen3  They will email you your ranking once a week- you don't have to do anything. Mine comes on Sundays, don't know if that's standard, or maybe it's once a week from the day you sign up.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Thanks @Sarah977 that's really helpful. Wondered why I couldn't find it on their site 🙂

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @Tamar22

You look like you have a lovely place.

But you don't tell me anything about your area. What are your local attractions? Why should I come to your city. Take some photos of local places of interests. In your description mention them and how far - five minutes by bus, ten minutes walk.

Talk about local ameniities such as public transport, restaurants, shops, open spaces.

What is your local airport.

Daniel-Rusteen0
Level 10
California, United States

@Tamar22  Well, you sure know how to host at 40 reviews with a score of 5.0. Congrats! I love the first photo, great choice. But you should delete the 5th photo as it's basically a duplicate and the first 5 photos are tremendously important. By the way, I've been to Tbilisi, a great and interesting town. I'll find my way there again soon.

Hey @Daniel-Rusteen0  

As such an experienced Airbnb employee and expert on all things Airbnb I would have thought you would know that it is against the rules of this community forum to use it to promote commercial endeavours such as books, websites and services.

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Daniel-Rusteen0 As 'Airbnb Employee #700, Airbnb Guest of 1,200+ Nights, Author of "Optimize YOUR Bnb"' I would have thought you would notice you are responding to a 2018 discussion.

I don't think it particularly cares @Mike-And-Jane0  he's just using it as an opportunity to plug his book 🙂