No Address Provided in Confirmed Reservation

May8
Level 1
Ottawa, Canada

No Address Provided in Confirmed Reservation

The host has accepted the request and I have a confirmed reservation. However, when I look at the itinerary, there is no address...it just says New York City, US. Is that normal? Shouldn't the intinerary include the exact address?

Thanks,

May

13 Replies 13
Rafael-and-Lena0
Level 4
New Jersey, United States

Hello, for security reasons, the  hosts only provide the full address after confirmed booking and 24 hours prior to arrival.  

Enjoy your vacation. 

Jennifer1408
Level 1
Spring, TX

This same thing just happened with a reservation I paid for/confirmed tonight. 

I received the itenarary, but just a general address.   The host has not responded to me when I ask for the street/house number and Airbnb isn’t helping. How did your reservation work out? 

Sandra856
Level 10
Copenhagen, Denmark

Hi @Jennifer1408 🙂

I'm a host and my adress is not released until after 48 hours after the booking is completed. The guest has a 48 hour window to cancel without any penalties. It is for security reasons. So no need to worry 🙂

Best, Sandra

Zacharias0
Level 10
Las Vegas, NV

As a host for security reasons I dont provide arrival details or address until 2-3 days before arrival. 1) Some cities dont allow hosting and run undercover operations to get hosts fined. At least this way they cant get a refund if they cancel and try to fine me. 2) Security is paramount and releasing address details just means they could give to someone else before arrival and a random person would have access to my house. 3) I like to send it personally so i know the guest has received it and read the most important house rules which i include with the message. Everything for a reason. 🙂

Can you choose not to provide your address though? Is there an option to do that? 

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

I don't think it's terribly ethical not to be provide your address on booking, the vast majority of hosts do so.

As @Zachariah4 says, it tends to be hosts who like him who are illegally letting out their place contrary to their HOA or city regulations that tend to hide their address.

Why wouldn't you want to let guests have your address @Effie13 ?

@Helen3 In the city we live theft is not uncommon at all. People can see everything you have in your apartment as also when your place is empty.So not providing the address to people who are not yet booked I feel like it’s really important.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Yes we have this too in big cities in the UK. The vast majority of my guests are not local and in any case can't get in until I send them self check in details so the chances of them using airbnb as a way to break into my place are extremely unlikely.

Sorry this issue causes you concern @Effie13 

@Helen3 Totally understandable!but I don’t have a self check in method yet.

Also I am referring to potential “fraud-phishing” request not from legit verified Airbnb guests but from people that want to know an exact location before booking,possibly because of the reason I’ve stated above. 

James2284
Level 2
Ruthin, GB

The real reason is the hosts don't want to give out their adresses to stop you from claiming via visa dispute, my first booking I contact host to cancel she says sorry to hear that, then refuses to refund AIrBNB just insult me and then vis say without an adress which has never been provided, we can't go further, the stuff about security is just dihonest lettors talking trash to cover up for their scam.

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hello @James2284 

If you are not available to travel because you can't get a visa (most people get the visa first before booking travel), then if you ask the host to cancel, you will be refunded under the cancellation policy you book under.

You would only get no money back if you had booked a listing with a strict cancellation policy and cancelled within i think a week of travel.

If you weren't sure whether you were going to get a visa then you should have booked a listing with a flexible policy so you could be refunded in full by the host (minus Airbnb fee)

If what you are saying is that the host refused to provide you with the address and therefore you couldn't apply for a visa, then that is a situation where you should have contacted Airbnb.

I would say the vast majority of hosts will provide the booking address when your booking is confirmed so this would be highly unusual.

James2284
Level 2
Ruthin, GB

Yeah because I need a visa to travel in my own country, yet another effort at disinformation from a host (how surprising) by shamefully suggesting something else completely unrelated was the issue and it was my fault, shame on you. 

A journalist friend got the lettors adress for me just now, problem solved anyway no thanks to anyone at AirBnBalls.

How did your journalist friend help you find the address? Im dealing with the same situation with a host. AirBnB says they cant force them to release exact address till 48 hrs before checkin. I showed screenshots saying host would give exact address 48hrs after booking but never did. Host just released   street name but not street number.