No payment ,no answer! ****

Coldo0
Level 3
San Diego, CA

No payment ,no answer! ****

Hello everyone,

I have found myself in a predictiment with Airbnb.

I'm a super host and never filed a clain with Airbnb. 

I  co-host a listing in San jose and on February 07 I got a reservation notification. I have all the securities settings on,(goverment id,host recomendation, etc)

This guest kept extending her stay until february 11th which was ok with me. After they checked out I found that they trashed the apartment, stole blankets and towels and even the batteries out of the remotes. They used the palce as a drug den for 4 nights. I was so upset that I had been used. 

Her good review on her profile is from a guy that is her friend on Facebook. Her credit card was fake or stolen, and I cant understand how airbnb let her stay without a payment . 

I keep calling airbnb and they say collection team is trying to collect the money from the guest.

I filed the claim with airbnb, until now over a month and half later, NO PAYOUT. That's right I have not received any money for their stay, or the damage they created. Even though a secuirty deposit was collected by airbnb i havent seen anything. The only thing airbnb paid was the stolen items. Im not asking for a huge amount, $600, which is the damages and the full payout of $452.99.

PLEASE HELP Has anyone run into this kind of issue?

Thanks,

Juliana

**[Personal information hidden for safety reasons from title]

2 Replies 2

@Coldo0 you have a right to be upset!

I know Airbnb's excuse to not send payment is that Airbnb has not been able to collect from the guest, but at some point Airbnb has to take responsibility for sending this guest to you.

You were expected to provide accommodations for this person based on instructions from Airbnb. You had no idea there was going to be any problem with payment because hosts are never involved in taking payments from guests (by explicit instruction from Airbnb).

You upheld your end of the bargain.

Airbnb has not upheld their end.

And you are the one who is left holding the bag?

That is not fair. I think in these instances Airbnb should send you payment from their own pocket.

Then they can take their time collecting from the "guest"; but you shouldn't be left hanging.

Let me see what the Airbnb Terms and Conditions say about this type of thing...

Ah well. Their Terms and Conditions do say Airbnb only has to pay you if they can collect from the Guest.

Not fair.

Hi Matthew ,

Thank you !

I hope Airbnb will make good use of their host guarantee .

Juliana.