Non payment

Colin15
Level 2
Maspalomas, Spain

Non payment

Why when a guest changes a res and has to pay more this payment sometimes is not received by airbnb the host is not told and the res is still confirmed and payment to the guest is delayed sometimes well after the guest has checked out?. If full payment is not received before the guests date of arrival the res should be cancelled by airbnb.

2 Replies 2
Adriano101
Level 2
Boynton Beach, FL

***911 to all hosts

Must read!!!

I had a $42,000 claim due to damages to my newly renovated $400,000 home. These guests where the first people in the home since it's purchase. They carved into furniture, 2 large dogs where brought into the home deatroying furniture, carpets doors, paint, and more. 

Upon discovery, I did have the guests removed. I immediately filed a claim with airbnb and thier $1,000,000 guaruntee. I was told that the insurance team would be in contact within 3 days. After 5 days with no answer, I began calling and emailing, again with no response. When I call they told me that they have everything they need and they dont know why there is a delay. Still, there is no substance to thier promises or guaruntees!.  

This went on for 3 months. I had to come out of pocket to repair and replace everything in the entire house that I had only finished remodeling and furnishing the home 1 month before.

After 3 months I received and email stating I have 72 hours to respond or the offer will be withdrawn. I couldnt believe what I was reading!

I was forced to accept this direapectful amount to cover at least some of my losses.

I have since watched Airbnb Nightmares on Netflix and have learned Airbnb has a history of not paying its hosts for damages by the guests. We air business partners and I have been a superhost for over 2 1/2 years! Why would you not compensate me for these damages?!

Hosts beware!

- Adriano Swift

Superhost

Post all negative reviews on:

1. Airbnb Hell

2. Trust PilotScreenshot_2018-09-26-16-05-23.png

Alice491
Level 4
Coogee, Australia

I've recently had the same scenario. I had a guest book from China, he altered his stay prior to arrival and now he has CHECKED OUT and I have no money. Upon inquiry to airbnb I discovered that they did not get the additional payment from the guest and they have to contact him to ask him to pay!

Firstly, just like the other host said, I was not informed.

Secondly, as I understood it, we all verify our credit card when we join. We need to have a valid, verified card to book. How on earth does airbnb then not immediately take the money from a guest's card. Instead now they have to ask him to pay. I asked airbnb what happens if he refuses? Does airbnb guarantee the payment as per their secure platform? No answer