Not sure how to review our last guest. What do you think?

Answered!
Asha-And-Garth0
Level 2
Gordon, Australia

Not sure how to review our last guest. What do you think?

Hi All,

We need to write a review for our last guest, a couple and their toddler.  They put their towels on in the washing machine which we appreciated but then as we were going around cleaning, firstly the vacuum was not used that was clear with all the dirt and dust on the floor. There was food squished into the carpet and stains. Food on the blinds, food wiped on the inside of the freezer, food wiped on bits of the walls, food in the bedroom floor. It seemed as though they let their toddler wonder around the place with food. We don't wont to have to write a nasty review however we think that they should be aware of the mess if they did not notice. Do we do that privately or let do we let it go, should we say we recommend to other hosts, would you want this type of guest.

We would love to hear what you think?

Cheers 

Asha & Garth

1 Best Answer
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I would review them honestly- if they were otherwise good guests, say that, but definitely mention that they apparently allowed their toddler to walk everywhere with food and smear it on virtually every surface and that you had extensive cleaning chores, above and beyond because of it. And give them 1* for cleanliness.

I raised 3- the rule was Food Only At The Table, even when they were toddlers. (The toddler guest wouldn't have been able to smear food inside the freezer-I suspect these are just general slobs- I'd be willing to bet their home is also a pigsty)

View Best Answer in original post

7 Replies 7
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I would review them honestly- if they were otherwise good guests, say that, but definitely mention that they apparently allowed their toddler to walk everywhere with food and smear it on virtually every surface and that you had extensive cleaning chores, above and beyond because of it. And give them 1* for cleanliness.

I raised 3- the rule was Food Only At The Table, even when they were toddlers. (The toddler guest wouldn't have been able to smear food inside the freezer-I suspect these are just general slobs- I'd be willing to bet their home is also a pigsty)

Thank you for the help Sarah, I think that is what I will do.

They are lovely guests otherwise just not 5 star cleanliness.

@Asha-And-Garth0

I agree with @Sarah977 - you should start out with positive points, that the guests were friendly, kind and there was good communication, no issues with their stay and were a lovely family BUT apparently the toddler was allowed to wander around the home freely with food - smearing it on walls and floors so your home required a longer than usual clean up, but thankfully there was no permanent damage. Would you welcome them back? If not, then thumbs down (do not recommend) and definitely 3 stars or less for cleanliness (if it were me, I'd give them 1 star for cleanliness without a second thought.)

I host a single occupancy private room so no kids........ but I would assume that even the most child-friendly places would NOT want to host the type of guests that let their kid(s) roam the house and smear food all over the floors and walls. Next time, instead of a jelly sandwich it could very well be a permanent marker or crayon!!!

Thanks guys I think we do need to rethink the toddler situation. Maybe not suitable for kids under 5.

Thanks again for the reply.

@Asha-And-Garth0   In the case of these particular guests, it seems like they were just slobs in general- yeah, they let the toddler walk all over with food, but how would a toddler reach the inside of the freezer to smear food in there- that must have been mommy or daddy 🙂

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Jessica-and-Henry0@Asha-And-Garth0   A friend couldn't figure out why her DVD player wouldn't accept a disc- she took it in for repair and when she went to pick it up, the technician said it was full of cookies- her 3 and 5 year olds had been playing cookie monster and stuffing cookies in the slot where the disc goes.

@Sarah977  Back in the days of vcr's my eldest son stuffed 2 matchbox cars into the slot. I could not figure out why it would not load in a video for me and finally took it in for repair. When I picked it up the repairman handed me the 2 matchbox cars.