Overall quality

Sarah3665
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Overall quality

My last guest review has just soon in the only one in the last 7 days. 
He has given me 5 Stars in all areas but it coming up with 0% overall and on his review ever tho he has given 5 Stars in all areas it’s coming up as 4 Star. 
Im not sure why this has happened maybe I’m missing something. 
Any help on understanding why this has happened would be much appreciated. 

4FD4F5BF-1A10-4B82-9B82-6A4C2D27DB11.jpeg

2 Replies 2
Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

Hi @Sarah3665 ! - The overall star rating is NOT an average of the individual categories, but rather  a separate rating that each person doing a review has to give a round figure on, i.e. 5,4,3,2 or 1. It is very common for hosts to lament that they got 4* overall, but 5* in all the other specific categories!

I think most of us whenever we get a 4* overall, would assume the guest thought it was good, but not exceptional, or not as good as it might have been! Of course there are some people whose personalities dictate that they never give 5* on principle!

- Where an average score appears top right on your listing, or below each listing on the guest search page, or below each listing on your profile , - that figure is calculated solely from the overall score, not  the 6 individual sub-categories.

Helen350
Level 10
Whitehaven, United Kingdom

... I wouldn't stress over the rather pointless bar chart telling you how you did this week compared to last week! If you got a 5* review(s) last week, but only one this week which was 4*, then of course, the daft bar chart makes things look catastrophic!. - But if you think it through, it isn't at all really.... - All part of Airbnb's stick & carrot behaviour modification programme! - Rise above! 😉