Parking on the lawn

Terrill0
Level 7
Dresden, ME

Parking on the lawn

What is with people parking on the lawn?

I have an area 15 feet from the cabin I rent that is gravel and there is a "cabin parking sign" . This is because I have a road that leads to uphill neighbors and do not want guests blocking access. Yet every once in a while a guest shows up who feels the need to park on the grass directly in front of the cabin...

4 Replies 4
Andrea-and-Francis0
Level 10
Mississauga, Canada

A possible solution would be to message every guest that books with explicit parking instructions & send them a picture of exactly where you want them to park, this will hopefully deter them from parking on your grass 🙂

Lawrene0
Level 10
Florence, Canada

I hear ya, @Terrill0 ! Even when I am directing them, standing right there, to the well-marked parking spot, they are desperate to park on the grass. 

They love parking on the grass. 

It must be a thing.

As @Andrea-and-Francis0 recommend, I did start including a photo of the spot in my check-in instructions. It's not foolproof, but I think it helps. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Terrill0  I suggest you change you "Cabin parking" sign to "Cabin parking here ONLY. Do not park on the grass, thank you".

Obviously none of these "grass parking people" have ever been homeowners or at least never had a lawn they were tring to keep looking nice.

Our guest has not only driven up on the front lawn, but has backed his Tesla into the front of the house to charge it though an open window.  The heat is on at 70 degrees and the outside temperature in 26 degrees.  Any advice?