Paying with someone else's credit card

Farah8
Level 2
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Paying with someone else's credit card

Can I pay with a friend's credit card? I think on booking I can't if it doesn't have my data. 

12 Replies 12
Cynthia-and-Chris1
Level 10
Vancouver, WA

I dont see why not - I have used my husband's credit card to book reservations via my own account.

Kathy115
Level 2
Goodyear, AZ

Received an Instant Booking notice that Mary was checking in, going to Cancer Treatment Center of America, but all communication should go through Ann, separate email, etc.

But it was Mary who was verified, because her credit card was used by Ann, but Ann doesn't want me bothering Mary, and then Ann says she doesn't know why Mqary's name is even on the reservation since it will be ANN and her husband DAVE staying with me.

I sent a message out asking if they had been verified. Heard nothing.

Huh?

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Kathy115

It does sound more like a 3rd party booking. 

I got an inquiry from a Mary recently with one review but which which was signed off as Jane and Sally (names changed here).

Replied she'd first have to get a profile for her own name to book. She was surprised at this, said her first name is Mary but goes by her second name Jane. I accepted because if she lied, she'd be busted  when I do her ID registration on arrival, and I have Airbnb on speed dial to solve the situation.

I don't know if the cops here in Goodyear USA would arrive in time but I improvised and sent the credit card owner an "automatically generated letter" that is sent when someone  else is using their Airbnb verification and credit card. Then I sent the party I'm concerned about a thanks for choosing The Write Place and would they please verify themselves ID etc. to my email prior to check in. Well I guess this gets chalked up to one more learning experience yeah? Thank you so much for your rapid reply! What a great bunch of AirB's we are! 

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Kathy115

An "automatically generated letter" - ha, that's a good one!

You got good at that stuff as a newspaper reporter! You know, according to my "sources", but no one knew my "sources" were at the MC Donald's drive thru window!

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Got it!!

Hi there! 

I guess it's no surprise that my questionable credit card guest cancelled! I may have offended am actually valid guest by asking for verification, but I feel once you white your own Mission Statement for this Airbnb journey you have to stick to your guns. Once a guest hugged and puffed because I would not lower my prices and she cancelled but an hour later I got two more bookings. So I made a list of host rules which I follow without deviation, almost as if I worked for someone else and date not break their rules. It's easier if you have standards which you must follow! And if you ever need one of those "automatically generated" letters Andrea just let me know! I have tried to correct the misspelled words in this missive and it won't let me! Use your imagination!

Andrea9
Level 10
Amsterdam, Netherlands

@Kathy115

Good on ya! You probably dodged a bullet. What you say about following your rules (or insert 'principles' here) as if you worked for somebody else is one of the key mind switches many a host should be making. It certainly helped me after a while to better enforce things and to not feel I had to kowtow to every guest idosyncracy.

Thanks for the offer of the automatically generated letter. Till now I haven't had the situation. My reservation setting is for earliest 2 days out, so that excludes the dangerous 24h after booking time space of payment with stolen cc. Also no IB. Only renting a room in my home isn't that great attracting  real criminals. And I've gotten wiley in my friendly pre-booking communication. Plus there's my ID check and that impressive black ledger I wield to record their ID #  😉   And Airbnb is on speed dial. No fat chance of pulling one over my eyes.  But your brilliant idea is now stashed in my mental selection of tips&tricks for hosts!

Re. misspelling - I though it was Siri voice dictation gone haywire 😉

Good exchanging thoughts with another host. No meetups around here but like you say we're not running mini-Marriott's so we get on! But now it's nice to know someone to connect with. Bye now!

Luisa7
Level 2
Poinciana, FL

It is actually illegal to use somebody else credit card unless you have been authorized to use it. and there is no certain way to get prove of authorization.

hi

while paying from friend credit card --- on payment page ---are you suppose to write friend credit card name or your name ( is it appear on booking as you are booking for yourself)

before payment