Payout Delays and Customer Service

Samuel35
Level 1
New York, NY

Payout Delays and Customer Service

Hello All,

I have consistently having problems being paid on time or at all from airbnb. In addition, I've had payments I've recieved revoked without any cause, putting me at a negative balance while doing nothing but hosting. I've called their customer service number and repeatedly am put on hold of rup to 30 minutes, normally without a response on the other side. I'm curious if anybody has an email address or direct line to management. The one time I was able to get through, I was told I'd be assigned a case manager, but recieved no call back number or email, or any communication on their end for 11 days.

This is shamefully poor customer service, and I am curious if anybody has had a similar experience.

What I am looking for mostly is a phone number to management or email address to resolve these pay out issues.

6 Replies 6
Adam55
Level 1
Palm Springs, CA

I have too. I called twice today. Waited on hold for quite some time and then hung up on. Called back and hung up on again. 

Damir0
Level 10
Rotterdam, The Netherlands

Hi @Samuel35 @Adam55,

I did have similar issues once or twice. However, I think it is not fair to say it is bad customer service. You need to be patient; that is true. Try to respond as quickly and accurately as possible when Airbnb asks for more documentation or information. It might take a while, but it will get solved in the end. That is my experience. There is room for improvement. They are with a limited number of customer service employees and need to handle a vastly growing number of support incidents. They are just as human as you and me. Just be patient and always remain friendly. See if you can do more from your side to make the entire process quick and accurate, working towards solutions for clearly defined issues. 

Wherever you go, there you are.
Lynne31
Level 2
Crestline, CA

I had two weeks of no success at resolving my issue for payout.

Someone said to use Twitter @Airbnbhelp and I did Saturday--3 days ago. I heard a response within a couple of hours asking for the Reservation code to be sent to them via Direct Message. 

I followed up and it was resolved today!!

Use twitter @Airbnbhelp 

It works. 

Lynne

Thankyou Lynn.  I will try Twitter.  It is now 15 days since my guest departed and I have not been paid.  I cannot contact them either.

They hold the money and receive interest on it.  This is fraudulent behaviour.

The guest and I have a dispute still ongoing and wonder if Airbnb are using this as an excuse for holding my payout.

The bottomline is that both Airbnb and the guest owe me money which they will not pay.

Hi there, I referred someone to Airbnb who signed up through my referral but I have not been paid for this as stated..how long does this take please? 

Whitney31
Level 1
Nashville, TN

YES!! Absolutely. Three weeks of no payouts here. My account says "pending confirmation" despite the fact that I got the confirmation deposit 2 weeks ago. It's been a nightmare to get ahold of anyone. When I do all they tell me is, "my apologies, I can't do anything as you need to talk to the payouts department" but then say they are unable to forward my call to payouts that payouts must call me. I've been told three times that my case was marked "urgent" and someone from payouts would be calling me in 24 hours. I've never heard from anyone. I've called every single day with no result. I will absolutely finish the bookings I have scheduled then close my hosting account. I've had a number of friends inquire about hosting I unequivocally say how terrible Airbnb is at maintaining a good working relationship with their hosts and advise against it.