Paypal fees

Regina38
Level 10
Wilmington, DE

Paypal fees

Does anyone know if you are charged any additional fees when using Paypal as a payout method in the US ? I have searched and could not find any information. I was on the phone with Airbnb about my payment method and was cut off.

19 Replies 19
Beth68
Level 1
Broadstairs, United Kingdom

I'm having a great deal of trouble contacting Airbnb to resolve a small issue, please could you give me the help line number?
Beth Stokes
Beth68
Level 1
Broadstairs, United Kingdom

Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

I can only tell you in the U.K. That for receipt of money and then transferring it out to a bank account there are no fees. The other big plus is the speed of the transactions- you get an email to say your payment hasbeensrnt and seconds later it's in your Paypal account.

Hi!

Is payout via PayPal also free in The Netherlands?

Regards, Eric

Zandra0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

Also in the UK and can confirm no fees. For me it's the faster payment method too

Hi, did you ever find out the answer ? Thank you.

kp

I think you should be able to look at your paypal statement and tell.  I sell items on Ebay and some other platforms, and Paypal always charges a fee. (I doubt they are handling any transactions for free.) Figure out the amount you should be getting from your bookings after airbnb keeps their fee, and then look at paypal and see if that number matches or is a little less. If it's a little less, they are most likely keeping a small percentage to do the transaction. I learned the hard way---I sold a big item privately and I created an invoice for them to pay through paypal---and of course, Paypal kept a percentage.  I'm not positive on your situation, but just a strong guess.

Stay-Asheville0
Level 10
Asheville, NC

Since no one really wanted to answer the question... I wanted to chime in...

I tested this by adding a paypal payout method to one of my listings to test it out.  

Also on the internet I found this:

"It's free to use to send money or receive money between people within the same country as long as the payment is made by a bank account (which is the case with Airbnb)."

My understanding is that it is free.  I will check back in a few days to confirm.  This will be huge for me and my business if that's the case!

Thanks for so directly answering the question. Quite helpful! 

Stay-Asheville0
Level 10
Asheville, NC

Not only does the money show up in less than an hour, but it also has zero fees deducted from paypal!  This is huge!  I could do almost all of my transactions from paypal if I wanted to, and not wait so long to get our funds.  I probably won't do this with every property, but this could be a game changer for a wide variety of reasons that I'm sure everyone can understand!

AND paypal only takes 25 cents to instantly move the money onto your linked debit card!  

Wow.

I can't believe this question has gone unanswered for so long on airbnb community forums... haha.  I love it!

So PayPal doesn't charge the 3% free if you use it as you payout method from hosting on airbnb?

Eric452
Level 2
Veldhoven, Netherlands

In The Netherlands the 3% fee is not charged. I do not know about other countries.