Pending Verification is stopping guest from booking although their profile shows as Verified ID

Janette89
Level 2
Bongaree, Australia

Pending Verification is stopping guest from booking although their profile shows as Verified ID

I've had this happen a few times now over the past 6 months for both properties that I have on AirBnB.
A guest has their booking held "Pending Verification" and the dates are blocked in my calendar (I think for 10 hours?). Talking with these guests, they ocnfirm that they have profile pictures (which I can't see until there is a confirmed booking) and I can see that they have positive reviews from other hosts. Their profile and pending booking also state "ID Verified".

When they ring AirBnB they are told that it's myself as the host who has settings requiring that their ID be verified, so they have to upload a "selfie" and/or government ID.

When I ring AirBnB, I'm told that there is nothing in my settings that requires this or that is stopping the booking from going through. 

I have Instant Book turned on and the only other requirement I have is for positive review by a previous host. The requirement for Govt ID is turned OFF. Even if there is no previous reviews, I am not receiving the Booking Request that the guidelines state will be sent.

I have had a few guests who are very annoyed with me for "blocking" their booking.

I tried to discuss with AirBnB Support to identify what the problem is and how to fix it but the conversation went around in circles, with me being sent links as the guest rather than the host or repeatedly being told that they could not discuss an individual guest's settings, although I tried to explain that I wanted to understand if there was a problem with my own settings, as the host, or a glitch in the system, because AirBnB are telling these potential guests that my settings are creating the problem.

Has anyone else as a host had this problem and, if so, were you able to resolve it and how?

Thankyou in advance.

3 Replies 3
Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France

@Janette89 

As the above issues did happen now and then, link as below, 

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Host-Circle/quot-awaiting-verification-quot-why-is-Airbnb-blocki...

Wish HAB members, can look into it.

Thanks Dale & Dan
From what I read on that thread, there doesn't seem to be a reason and it's a matter of just putting up with it, which is frustrating.
I had found a few other threads that mentioned the "Pending Verification" issue but none seemed to have a resolution.
What does HAB mean?
Cheers, Janette

Dale711
Level 10
Paris, France