Phone number changed

Daniel8693
Level 1
Cluj-Napoca, Romania

Phone number changed

Dear Community,

I am in desperate need of help.

I am expecting a payment for which I already have provided the service.

My concern is that I can not link my banc account to my Airbnb Account because I do not have my old number anymore.

My new number can only be added with my old number. How does that make sense, why isn´t there an alternative through email if you dont have your old phone number anymore. Why is everything based on my phone number now? 

So my question is how do I add my new phone number without having my old phone number anymore? 

I am waiting for help from Airbnb but they only tell me to create a new account but then I would loose all of my expected payment which I desperately need.

Please, if there is anone who could help me with that.

Kind regards - Daniel

7 Replies 7
Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Try contacting them by posting your problem on their social media @Daniel8693 

Thank you Helen for your fast response. Good to know there are people who help you 🙂 

I will do that!

Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Daniel8693 

According to the help file (paragraph at bottom of page) the reset of password should give you ability to login directly:

https://www.airbnb.com/help/article/76/change-or-reset-your-password

Thank you very much for the fast response! 

My problem is more the 2 Factor Authentification. I can not link my banc account to my Airbnb Account without the 2 Factor Authentification. The 2 Factor Authentification is not possible because I do not have my old phone number anymore..

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Daniel8693  Have you tried inputting the new number, while leaving the old one, then setting the new one to default?

I did but you need the old number to confirm the new one. Its a big stupid mess...

Mike-And-Jane0
Level 10
England, United Kingdom

@Daniel8693 what do Airbnb say when you call them? Numbers are in the Help section of this community in a post pinned to the top called contact airbnb or some such name