Pricing Strategy

Adam173
Level 2
Boston, MA

Pricing Strategy

Hello, 

I have an apartment listed that is a 2 bedroom, the listing can take up to 6 people (2 real beds each in a room and sofa bed + air mattress).  The apartment is advertised 2-6 guests and is priced accorindgly, after 2 guests it's $30 extra per guest. 

My question is that sometimes I receieve a reservation request for 2 people that need to use both bedrooms, which the cleaners charge me an extra $60 when the second room is included in the cleaning, however thats not compensated for, because the extra charge is past 2 guests.

Any recommendations on how to go about this? Now I just message the guest and ask them to add an extra guest to compensate for the difference but it doesn't really look that nice. 

Best,

Adam  

1 Reply 1
Daniel655
Level 2
Amsterdam, Netherlands

I am a little bit confused. Your advertisement is for the entire appartment correct?

which consists of 2 bedrooms.

Which means it is expected for the guests to be able to use the entire appartment. which you have also noted in your advertisement.

so the way I see it you should always expect that all rooms will be used and should provide a cleaning fee accordingly.

Even if only 1 person were to end up booking your room, that person could still decide to sleep in 1 room the one night and in the other the next if he or she wanted to. Aterall they booked the entire appartment and are able to use it.

and especially if there are 2 guests or more.