Private Room and Entire Apartment

Esma3
Level 2
Brookings, SD

Private Room and Entire Apartment

Hi, 

My question is about Private Room and Entire Apartment. I created my profile recently and I wrote Entire Apt. 

In Airbnb system, Entire Apt description is very clear: a bedroom, a kitchen, and a bathroom. 

I was thinking to stay the apartment and share a living room. (just with me, no more guest)

I am not sure to write Private Room, because it is not just a room. (I am not using the kitchen and the bathroom).

I don't want to create a problem for guests, 

How can I solve this problem? How did you solve this problem in your apartment?

Thank you.

8 Replies 8
Susan151
Level 10
Somerville, MA

@Esma3 This is a private room listing. If you are in the apartment, it is NOT an entire apartment.

thank you

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Esma3 entire apartment means you don't have to share it with hosts or any guests, it is entirely for the person that books. By what you explain here you are offering a shared space and you should make that clear. 

I also added an explanation about sharing living room. I am not sure it is enough or not

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Esma3 no it isn't, you need to change from "entire apartment" to "private room". This is misleading and you could get delisted and you will definitely face some bad reviews if you don't change it. 

Thank you

@Esma3 . I am sure that this is not enough. If you are in the apartment, it is NOT an entire apartment.

Kaylee18
Level 10
Hamilton, Canada

@Esma3   Yes this is definitely just a private room if you are living within the apartment. If you are not living there then it's an entire apartment.  You will run into a TON of problems if you don't change that in your listing. Good luck!