Rating the check in and check out for guests

Flori0
Level 2
Brussels, Belgium

Rating the check in and check out for guests

I would like to have the possibility to rate the guests for the punctuality regarding the check in and check out time. Many of them are arriving later than they said.Sometimes I have to wait for them even for 1h and they don’t send me any message to inform me that they will be late. Or they don’t check out in time .

4 Replies 4
Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Flori0  No such option is available all you can do is mention it in your guests review. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

@Flori0  As mentioned by @Letti0 the review is a good place to mention that the guest communication did not meet expectations and/or the guest disregarded check out rules.

Kelly149
Level 10
Austin, TX

Poor communication 

poor following of house rules

both of these would get lower stars in these categories and would also influence my recommendation of the guest

David2021
Level 2
Valencia, ES

PUNCTUALITY & guests LACK OF!

Time & Time again I've raised this issue of PUNCTUALITY with Airbnb & even phone the Madrid office with respect to late arrivals ie; 1 or 2 hours later than the guests actual confirmed ETA. The hosts are not paid for their time to wait about & it is the rental alone that they (guests) are paying for. There should be a drop down time ARRIVAL clock so that the guests can confirm an their arrival time to their rental property. With all the taxi apps and metro map apps from rail & bus stations & airports with google mapping & exact directions & bus & metro /taxi apps its 'a piece of cake' & frankly there is no excuse for guests tardiness. If they are running late due to delayed flights or whatever the WhatsApp works brilliantly so should the Airbnb messaging app.  The AIRBNB customer service on this point & lack of ears needs a resolve! Obviously if they are coming by car then even more attentiveness by the guest to keeping the host advised is just plain courtesy.  Furthermore 24 or 48 hours before arrival it should be AIRBNB's duty to make sure that the guest has in fact verified an arrival time. This is NOT ROCKET SCIENCE for a Company that prides itself on its software & IT skills & in fact a mere fundamental. 

There should be four host ratings to include guests punctuality.