Register your listing in Barcelona

Jacopo17
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Register your listing in Barcelona

Hello,

I live in a flat in Barcelona and sharing it woth 2 flatemates. We have a spare room and renting it from time to time via Airbnb.
My question is, should I register my listing as a to the Catalan Authority and pay the register fee?

Or this applies only for Entires flats?

Thanks a lot!

5 Replies 5
Jacopo17
Level 2
Barcelona, Spain

Hello?

Is there anybody who can help here?

I think i need to register it, but I cannot find the proper way, where should I go? who should I contact to get this register and listing? I got lot in the city council web site, I'd really appreciate if anybody could help here!! Thanks!

Alma0
Level 4
Barcelona, Spain

@Jacopo17

Basically, the government of Barcelona is working to give room-licenses to rent a room in 2019, but only if you own the property and if you live there too, 

that rule only applies if you are the official owner of the apartment and not friends or family, if you are a tenant and you rent a room, your landlord can evict you if he knows or if a neighbor informs the landlord or the government.

Fines are about 60.000 to do so.

@Alma0 Hi Alma, First of all thank you for your kindness and to take the time to answer to my doubts.

I have to say that I went personally to talk to OAE in Barcelona 2 weeks ago, who provides informations about PEUAT.

They actually told me that there's no "room licenses", licence numbers apply to entire flats only, and there are none right now. No laws have been deployed for the "room renting" in shared flats where people live in,  and they still are in a "grey situation". You can do it as long as you pay your taxes and, as you say, your landlord is aware. 
But, whatever is the way you do it, you cannot receive any fine from the government as there is no legislation on the matter. They recommend to keep an eye on the news  because they are working on a proper legislation regarding room renting inside a shared flat where you live, but there's nothing at the moment.

So I'm not sure, where did you get this information about the fines from?

Hi Jacopo, To keep you updated and to get legal assistance when you need it you can become member of ‘veins I anfitrións’. 

Just google it, they have a website that is catered to Barcelona and Catalan legislation. 

They have meetings and are defending the rights of people who do home sharing. It’s very useful to be a member. 

You are right, But the government does not care, they just simply give a fine to everyone, and then you have to hire a lawyer to proof you are renting a room only, 

Google " VIA , veins Barcelona " it's a group of people doing " home sharing " ( renting only a room) and they got a fine