Registration or re-register

Dennis22
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Registration or re-register

I received this notice last week stating that my registration had expired. I have not received anything from the city of Chicago in previous months. This letter contains no email, phone number, or steps I can take to rectify this matter. Has anyone else had experience with this? Please advise. Thank you in advance for any help you could provide me. I did contact Airbnb and they told me my registration and listing looks fine on their end. They told me toA191BAF8-2588-4201-9644-E6B79FA0DBC5.jpeg

3 Replies 3
Jack1512
Level 1
Chicago, IL

Dennis, received the same email.  My listing shows active on airbnb, but shows active with a different registration umber then the City listed on their email as 'inactive".

I will keep you posted of anything I learn. Please do the same with me. Jack

Daniel2521
Level 2
Chicago, IL

Anyone have an update on this? I just got my email stating it had expired but I never received anything from the city.

Michelle53
Level 10
Chicago, IL

I got an email from Airbnb on July 16th with the following text :-

"Your registration number with Chicago is about to expire

Renew your number and keep hosting your space
As a host in Chicago, you’re required to register with the city and display a valid registration number on your listing page. Your current number will expire on August 15.
You can renew your registration number with Chicago from our website or mobile app--no trips to City Hall needed. Just review your renewal application, update anything that’s changed, and we’ll take care of the rest. If you don’t submit a renewal application within 30 days of your expiration date, we may have to remove your listing."

I did the update, and currently I show as "pending".  Under "Regulations" tab on the listing.