Review screens completely dysfunctional... Can't leave a review

Review screens completely dysfunctional... Can't leave a review

Hey, Umm,, stupid Airbnb people.

I can't leave a review for a recent host because your review screens are not working... And oh yeah, you have not interest in true customer service you terrible people.

I'm trying to leave a very positive review for a recent host but I am unable to because, after trying on multiple devices, the review process is in technical error, halting the process midway.

I would be delighted to post a screenshot of midway through my review when the screen has no "Continue" button, half the screen in cut off to white, but of course, here, unable to do that! My opinion of Airbnb has truly gone downhill after some experiences, with this included. Airbnb seems to want to leave EVERYTHING to you and your host, with their hands pretty much washed. Oh well, maybe someone has some suggestions. There is no Airbnb customer service, unless I want to spend three hours looking for a phone number. I'm not about to spend an hour on the phone over this. Sorry... to my wonderful host. 

6 Replies 6
Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Christopher64  How frustrating. I hear you on not wasting an hour on the phone over this. The tech issues with the platform are endless. Always something. 

You do have 14 days after check-out to leave a review- maybe it'll be working tomorrow, or did you wait til day 14?

Thank you for the reply, it has been over a week with several reminders to leave a review... I have already tried to do so several times to no avail.  I will message the host to explain because I know they left a review for me which I cannot read (not that I really need to read it, but I want to reciprocate). 

My opinion of Airbnb, after many experiences, is deteriorating. No idea what the problem is with this one, I have not encountered this particular issue before. They wrongly assume, as many companies do, that everything falls into an FAQ. 

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

@Christopher64  Oh, I've NEVER found an answer to my questions in the FAQs. Maybe because I read through available info first, so my questions aren't of the simple "Oh, I didn't bother to read the original instructions" type.

I've found that I get pretty prompt replies to Contact Us messages on the website, at least within 24 hours. It sometimes takes a few messages back and forth with support to get them to fully comprehend the problem and address it, and it once took them a month to actually get a tech issue I was having solved, but a few 5 minute messagings is way more palatable to me than being put on hold for an hour only to have the call disconnected 🙂

And as a host, I can say we really appreciate guests like you who would care that much and would keep trying to leave a nice review for a host.

"Contact Us" just takes me to messaging a host. Nothing about contacting Airbnb. It must be buried very deep somewhere. Then there are only three options about having a problem with a Reservation, Hosting, or Traveling. For each selection there is a dropdown with only the issues they presume, of course nothing relevant. Nothing about directly contacting them. Pathetic. 

@Christopher64  Contact them via direct meassage on Twitter at AirbnbHelp. They will respond rather quickly to that. 

@Christopher64   When there's nothing in the drop down menus that pertains to my problem, I just click on any of the options. That way I get a support Contact box to fill out. Then I start my message by saying "My problem isn't actually with XXX, but my problem doesn't appear in the drop down menus. My problem is......".