Sending a special offer for long stay, non consecutive days

Lucy168
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Sending a special offer for long stay, non consecutive days

Hello!!!

Please can someone help ... I have someone who wants to book a long stay Monday - Thursday for two months, so how do I send them a special offer for non consecutive days?? Each time I try to block the dates off, it wont allow me to do it non- consecutively! 

Many thanks in advance!

Lucy 🙂

4 Replies 4
Marzena4
Level 10
Kraków, Poland

Hello @Lucy168. Each Mo-Thur stay will be recognised as an individual booking so each time the guest requests, you will have to send a special offer. It cannot be done in one go.

// "The only person you can trust is yourself"

@Lucy168

What you are trying to do is technically NOT a long-term stay - it is just repeat business IF the guest really does continue to stay every Mon~Thur for the next 2 months. If it were me, I would be very very cautious about sending any type of special offer or providing a discount for such a set-up. It's not a weekly or monthly booking so such discounts shouldn't be applied. Rather, you could consider a discount or special price for REPEAT business.

For non-consecutive stays, technically the guest must check in on Monday and check out on Thursday - meaning your listing SHOULD be available for other guests between Thursday~Monday. Even if you don't want same day turnovers you would be able to host other guests during the weekend (Friday~Sunday).

IMO, if the guest wants to "leave a couple things" with you during the weekend, they should absolutely just book for the full 2 months. Also you should not be blocking dates without a reservation, the guest needs to make a firm reservation for the dates they want.

I've hosted a lot of exchange students for up to 4 months and during their reservation, they take extended weekend trips or even week-long trips with school friends. I've NEVER had anyone ask for an additional discount because they will be gone a whole week out of a month.

Hi, Jessica&henry,

thanks for your reply. Yes he wants to check in on Monday and out again Friday morning, so I can still let it at weekends. He is also willing to pay for the whole lot upfront. So do I just discount the individual nights, and then he had to make 8 bookings? 

Thanks so much

lucy 

@Lucy168

Yes, if the guest wants to repeat checking in on Monday and checking out on Friday it will have to be 8 individual reservations. If it were me, I'd just have the guest make reservations according to your normal rates for the first 5~6 weeks, and send a special offer  for the remaining reservations so that the total for 8 weeks adds up to what you would consider a fair amount. I would not reflect any discount upfront 🙂

Good luck~