Should I write a review for a guest who didn't show?

Andrew919
Level 2
Welland, Canada

Should I write a review for a guest who didn't show?

The guest texted us at 11:22pm the night of the booking with - "Unfortunately we aren’t able to stay at your place tonight, something came up and we had to rush home. Sorry I couldn’t contact you earlier- it was sudden and we had to cut our trip short. " - they didn't 'cancel' but decided not to stay the night. I have contacted the guest but with "So sorry to hear Sophia - hoping for the best. Safe Travels!" Reply was - Thank You!. So there are no further details and don't want to pry. I'm curious should I write a review for this guest or just leave?

2 Replies 2
Emiel1
Level 10
Leeuwarden, The Netherlands

@Andrew919 

Just leave. If they write a review (for whatever reason the decide to do), just comment on it.

Sarah977
Level 10
Sayulita, Mexico

I wouldn't write one, because there is nothing to say about a guest who never stayed. However, I would message the guest (they seem to be good communicators, aside from not being able to let you know sooner that they weren't coming, but maybe that was unavoidable), tell them that Airbnb is going to send them a prompts to leave a review, but since they didn't stay, they can just ignore that, and that you're going to ignore the prompts as well.