Strange payout from Airbnb?

Irena27
Level 3
PG, Montenegro

Strange payout from Airbnb?

Hi to all of you reading this question considering this morning payout from Airbnb....

In fact, it is strange, as they have sent 2 emails considering payouts saying We've issued you a payout of €2.34. ...and another mail with payout of €2.88....

Those payouts are connected with previous guests that left few months ago, so I am not sure what this is about and is this some suspicious emailing

Did this happen to any of you?

Thank you!

9 Replies 9
Victoria567
Level 10
Scotland, United Kingdom

Hi@Irena

I have had the same but in pence rather than euro cents.

This was followed up by an email in my air bnb profile inbox from an individual saying that the security code I sent them for a booking has not been accepted.

1) There are NO bookings as my calendar is closed until early summer next year as I only host for a couple of months per year.

2) Security code?..... what security code as I have never or ever send a security code for any bookings made.

I HAVE NOT opened the email as I just saw the subject heading.

I think it is either a computer virus so this is my reason NOT to open this email or it is a phishing operation for a scam or identity theft.

Irena27
Level 3
PG, Montenegro

Thanks Victoria.

In fact, I received an email from Airbnb, there was not an attachment, and later during the day I did receive payment from Airbnb as it is in my transaction history... so It is not a scam I assume, it does come from Airbnb, but why payment for previous two guests and total is like 5 euros?

Does Anyone know what is this about? 

I don't know, @Irena27, but if it happened to me, the first thing I would do is check my payout preferences. These small amounts might flag a redirect by someone? Just take a look to see that all is well in your account settings, and all payments are going to you. 

Irena27
Level 3
PG, Montenegro

Thanks Lawrene,

I just send on Airbnb tweeter a question about this to check with support and will het back here to inform... it is strange with this so small amount, although it can be seen in my transaction history...

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

Hi @Irena27 ,

last week numerous CC Members in Germany reported that they got dwarf payments from airbnb. Nobody knows what these payments a for and I think airbnb doesn't know either.

Here's the thread

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Gastgeben/Unerwarteter-Reichtum/m-p/835036#M19360

Take a look and improve Your German.

Branka-and-Silvia0
Level 10
Zagreb, Croatia

Probably some adjustments of previous reservations.

Letti0
Level 10
Atascosa, TX

@Irena27  I am thinking they are currency conversion adjustments from the accounting department. 

Patrick947
Level 2
Cali, Colombia

Same here in Colombia... tiny transactions, some of less than one USD. Did anyone try to contact Airbnb?

Patrick,

Yes, I have contacted them... some adjustments for previous payouts, so all solved...