Switching from Host to Traveler

Leib0
Level 4
Kansas City, MO

Switching from Host to Traveler

I am a host and my Airbnb page is obviously set up as a host.  I want to try using it as a traveler/guest.  How do I switch???  And seriously, shouldn't that be the simplest frigging thing in the world, why the heck would the programmers fail to make this obvious??!?!?!  I don't get it.

78 Replies 78
Patricia-Vlasta0
Level 1
Budapest, Hungary

On a similar topic, I am unable to switch from travelling to hosting all of a sudden on a laptop. 

App is working fine, but it seems impossible on the computer. Can someone please help with exact steps?

this is app is crazy. i am having the same problem. i have been on hold with airbn for over 40 min and found no answers here either 

Hi Patricia,

I  do switch to traveller when using my laptopa and.do return to hosting easily.

On my Host Dasboard page I click on my profile picture at top right of page. This opens rhe menu and you select Switch to Travelling.

When you want to return to hosting look at the top of your page  you will see the  Search box,Add Listing, Host, Saxed, Trips etc....

Click on Host and select your Dashboard. 

You are back where you started from.

Please let me know  if this works for you,

Yvonne

Diana, I came here because as others have said, it’s far from intuitive. However, as someone else posted, on the app, if you go to “profile” there is indeed an option to change to or from hosting. Unfortunately, again, as others have said, Air BnB don’t seem very interested in helping or indeed listening. Perhaps they’ve made enough money from people like us to care any more. Anyway, Good Luck. 

Yvonne191
Level 10
New Brunswick, Canada

Hi Lieb

I  do switch to traveller when using my laptopa and.do return to hosting easily.

On my Host Dasboard page I click on my profile picture at top right of page. This opens rhe menu and you select Switch to Travelling.

When you want to return to hosting look at the top of your page  you will see the  Search box,Add Listing, Host, Saxed, Trips etc....

Click on Host and select your Dashboard. 

You are back where you started from.

hi , how can i switch from guest to host on the mobile app pls?  i cannot find any option to do so

Jeff672
Level 1
Los Angeles, CA

Wow! Airbnb is horrible. No way to switch back to hosting once you search as a guest.  This is why VRBO is so much more user friendly. I still can’t get thee on the I phone app. Terrible app!!!!

@Adrian459  @Jeff672 @Anne1158 

After you finish search and you don’t see Profile at the bottom of your mobile phone. You need to tap < on the upper left corner to go back. 

After you see Profile at the bottom, you tap switch to hosting. 

Anne1158
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

Hello please can someone tell me where us the trips/hosting tab on the App - somehow my app has switched to travelling and I’m hosting! Thanks...

Anne1158
Level 1
London, United Kingdom

I keep reading that you switch to hosting through ‘profile’ but profile doesn’t display when it’s switched to travelling mode..! 

Yves266
Level 1
Santa Cruz, CA

i have a similar issue... browser is not setup for HOST...

Gayle59
Level 1
West Kelowna, Canada

Wow, what a job this was figuring out.  I am on my laptop.  I have realized that when I sign into Airbnb from a new search, I use my gmail account and password I get signed in as a host.  When I click on the profile icon, at the bottom it says "switch to travelling".  All good. But when I then want to switch back to host, I click on the icon and there is no option of switching. I then have to close down and resign in.  IF i choose to  sign in using the Facebook or Google option, it signs me into as a traveller profile and again , no option to switch to hosting.  Good grief.  SO make sure you know what your actual Airbnb sign in.

This needs to be fixed ASAP

Mooltan0
Level 1
Hepburn Springs, Australia

Where Is AirBNB? Just tell us the answer- this conversation has been going on for 3 years

Steve2511
Level 1
Murphys, CA

Not sure if this is already solved, but same problem here, on the app, under profile (bottom right on my app version), you'll see "switch to host" or "switch to traveling" under Traveling" tab of the profile options.  On the PC, I've notice two different versions of the home page appear, not quite sure how and when each version loads up, so there does appear to be a bit of variation across their platforms and versions.  Hope that helps.

Dom2232
Level 2
Bristol, United Kingdom

this new website layout is dreadful - can't see how to 'switch to hosting' - used to be an option when you clicked on profile picture top right.... and the new text box is useless - right down the bottom of the page, so easy to miss and so small you can't see all your text if its longer than a few lines.