The site does not allow me to cancel

John1278
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

The site does not allow me to cancel

I am trying to cancel a reservation well in advance of the cancellation date. When I try to confirm the cancellation on the airbnb site a message comes up 'Sorry, this reservation can’t be cancelled right now. Please try again later.' What is the problem here? The help desk is useless. Has anyone out there  experienced this and what can be done? It seems outrageous... Thanks for any suggestions to resolve this.

5 Replies 5
Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Usually that message comes up if you are within 24 hours of check in, @John1278.  I gather you are trying to cancel in advance of that and there is some system glitch.  Here is a guide to contacting Air BNB, including phone numbers.  Good luck!

https://community.withairbnb.com/t5/Help/Contact-Airbnb-A-Community-Help-Guide/m-p/16165#M728

John1278
Level 2
London, United Kingdom

Thanks Linda, but I'm afraid it doesn't help! When I try to contact the 'community experts' the site simply takes me round in circles to Help topics, none of which apply to my issue, and does not allow me raise a different issue or say mine is not listed. It only allows 'Contact us' which brings up the same Help topics all over again. It's very frustrating! I'm well in advance of the cancellation deadline so that's not the issue. Can it be that the Canadian service works but the UK one does not have community experts? I wouldn't be surprised but it leaves me in the lurch. Anyone else - in the UK perhaps - have any ideas? I must say it makes me want never to use airbnb again.

Can you not phone them?

David
Kelly1225
Level 1
Quakers Hill, Australia

Did this end up being resolved. I am having the same issue and its 5 months away from check in. Thanks.

Luana130
Level 10
State of Bahia, Brazil

@Kelly1225 are you using the website or the app? A few things don't work properly on the app, if you are using that I suggest you try the computer.