To Spa or Not To Spa --- Keep or Get Rid Of?

Rosalind41
Level 8
Abbeville, SC

To Spa or Not To Spa --- Keep or Get Rid Of?

Hello Friends,

We have an old hot tub in a 4-season room in the Midwest of USA.  It is currently out of commission due to drainage problems.  We are deciding whether to repair and keep the hot tub or to eliminate it and fill in the empty place (should we get rid of it) and not offer it at all.

What are your thoughts about having or not having a hot tub?

Thanks for your help!!

3 Replies 3
Emily487
Level 10
KCMO, MO

@Rosalind41 

Chuck it.

In my opinion, they are money pits that require more attention than they should. Getting the water tested all the time to maintain safe and healthy water...ugh..too much leg work. 

I think a cozy sitting  or dining area in a 4 Season Room in Iowa could be great! Add a nice rug, comfy seating, some good shades, plants to liven it up...

Ute42
Level 10
Germany

@Rosalind41 

Get rid of it.

Hot Tubs need a lot of maintainance and in our country we are required to change the water for every new group of guests that comes in. Also on airbnb it's difficult if not impossible to charge guests for electricity. Some people may have the tubheating running around the clock and You have to eat it.

You have a great place with a nice historic touch to it. I'm  sure You'll be successful without a tub.

Rosalind41
Level 8
Abbeville, SC

@Ute42 @Emily487 I never thought about those additional issues of changing water for each group of guests and the constant running of the hot tub with respect to overuse of electricity.  

Your thoughts and advice are very helpful and I thank you!!!