Untrue Bad review? Or is it because i was not booked that often for the summer?

Christine1296
Level 2
Nicosia, Cyprus

Untrue Bad review? Or is it because i was not booked that often for the summer?

Use to be a super host untill 10 min ago... unfortunately i haven’t been booked as much as i did the previews months. Maybe is the summer season... airbnb just email me
“It looks like there have been some changes in your hosting over the last 3 months. It's possible you've hosted less or something may have come up, but as a result, a few Superhost criteria requirements were missed. That means you didn't quite qualify for Superhost status during this assessment period.
We know that this can be disappointing, but there's another assessment period coming up in October 2019. “
i am really disappointed because i had a bad review from my last guest. she lied to her review. Honesty i think she just didn’t sympathize me for no reason. i tried to communicate with airbnb to resolve this issue and they didn’t come back to me.... and as a result am not a super host anymore.
Am not sure what i need to do....

10 Replies 10
Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Christine1296 is your rating below 4.8? If that is the case there is nothing you can do unfortunately since the system is automated. Bit don't worry, your other reviews seem great, I am sure you will get many good ones in the future and you will be back on track. 

Hi thank you for replaying back. Yes my rating is 4,6 😞 right now. Am just worried if that influence potential costumers for the future. I hope everything will be ok and i will get back on track as you said. Thank you for your support!! 😌

Ana1136
Level 10
Ohrid, Macedonia (FYROM)

@Christine1296 that is the reason then, it has to be above 4.8. But as I said, is should be up with the next few reviews and hopefully you will get your Superhost status back in October 🙂 

Meg130
Level 2
Cape Town, South Africa

The exact thing happened to me in that I’m no longer a super host . I have had fewer bookings due to the fact it’s winter and I have a “ beach house “. I had continual weekend bookings . Each guest that has stayed has continued giving me a 5 star rating . Of course I am disappointed .. as my level of service has remained . I feel this super host rating is a bit of a farce .. in that we as hosts are never consulted , wether on a positive note or negative note . I would hate this page to become a gripe session , due to frustrations ... and not getting constructive solutions to our complaints .

Kerry222
Level 1
New York, United States

Wow! This just happened to me too! I have good rating and solid bookings. What is Airbnb’s angle for kicking us all off Super Host? I have performed same or better service levels and received great feedback. From my perspective, I keep getting guests, who despite the listing settings, are asking to negotiate for different length nights or far less money after they sent in reservation requests.  When I message them back they don’t respond and I have to cancel. Is this happening to you too, is this hurting us?

I think this is the reason you are no longer SH. You had to call airbnb to resolve it for you. When you cancel a booking their is always a penalty for hosts.  I hope this will not happen to you again. But if it does let airbnb to resolve it for you. 

Thanks for your feedback. Actually, I stayed my comment poorly. We have never cancelled a booking, just there are some that we have declined. I spent the weekend going over this with Airbnb. I’m truly disappointed.  There was one guest in April that left us a bad review, after being called out for breaking house rules; namely he left we our house key (and didn't tell us)and lost it and knowingly had an unpaid guest. When I called to see what happened to the key he could care less and told me it only costs $3 to replace. We had to replace the lock because we couldn’t have a missing key for safety purposes, but it was more his flippant attitude. Point being, Airbnb won’t remove his review because it was worded to not have any language that breaks their policy.  There’s a Complete disregard-for the fact that he broke house rules and left a vindictive review because he didn’t want to be accountable.  I am sickened that after 5 years as a host and 87% 5 star rating and an overall 4.8 rating that the rating in the last 6 months with this poor review has caused us to drop to a 4.5 and be taken down as super hosts during our busy season. 

Linda108
Level 10
La Quinta, CA

Super Host status is just a statistical reflection of the criteria as set forth by Air BNB.  I achieved that designation following the first quarter I began to host almost 5 years ago.  Personally, I was doing a good job but I got better over the years and then there was a guest who rated me a 3 due to his misreading of my listing.  Lost SH status with no noticeable change in business then regained it after one quarter.

Air BNB promotes SH designation as a badge of excellence.  Many newer hosts with SH status are more lucky than excellent just as I was 5 years ago.  Also, many hosts with a high number of listings leading to a high number of reviews can weather the occassional bad review with little impact on the over all rating and can more easily maintain the SH status.  My point is we all need to do our best, listen to both the negative and positive feedback and go with the flow without becoming upset about a lapse in SH status.  Keep up the good work!!

Hi thank you for replying. The disappointment wan not because i lost in a minute my super host status . the disappointment was the reason i lost it. Am not sure if 1 bad review or because right now is of season for my city is correct criteria to lost SH. but anyway i will keep up my good work and hopefully i will catch up 😌

Kerry222
Level 1
New York, United States

That’s an interesting viewpoint. Personally, we have inquiries that have stated they came to us over others because of the super host status so in a competitive market, I’m not sure I agree. I can sympathize with the challenge of getting a poor review based on something that is not  directly related to the service you provided, rather the guest causing.