VAT Tax - UK

Star5
Level 2
Hove, United Kingdom

VAT Tax - UK

Hi all,

As we are approaching a new Tax year I have been going through the Airbnb income we have made throughout the past 12 months. We have had 4 properties used during the 17/18 tax year. 1 of which we no longer use and 1 that only started at the beginning of February 18. Now, our income from the 4 is at just above £85k. 2 out of the 4 properties are at over 105 days, however the other 2 are below. 1 being at 97 and the newest one being at only 21. My question is, do we need to register for VAT due to this or are we excempt as 2 of the properties are not classed as a FHL?

We obviously do not want to register as it means 20% of our income is about to be taken from us, however we will need to bite the bullet if required.

Thank you in advance.

Starbnb

1 Reply 1
Gerry-And-Rashid0
Level 10
London, United Kingdom

@Star5

I can't answer your question but would seriously suggest you have an accountant as there are longer term financial issues with the business you are now running - you want to maximise any possible credits, depreciation etc and that requires expert knowledge.  There must be plenty of such experts in your area