Week long bookings

Answered!
Danielle108
Level 1
Sheffield, United Kingdom

Week long bookings

I want to change my listing so that I only show prices and enable guests to pay for a full week. I have set my changeover day to Saturday in the listing, but when I go to edit weekly prices they all start on a Monday... any bright ideas? Thanks.

1 Best Answer

Airbnb is a per-night business.  You cannot post a weekly price.

You can specify that you only take 7-night bookings and put in your listing the information for Saturday starts only.  Airbnb is not set up to do this automatically so you have to decline any reservation that does not fit this criteria.  You must still price the property on a per night basis - but it will never change, so just put the total in the listing if it makes you feel better to advertize it. 

IF you mean you want guests to check in on Saturday but check out on Friday and spend 6 nights, you can put the 6-night minimum into the system and block off every Friday night so ONLY guests seeking to reserve Saturday to Friday will see your listing.  

View Best Answer in original post

12 Replies 12

Airbnb is a per-night business.  You cannot post a weekly price.

You can specify that you only take 7-night bookings and put in your listing the information for Saturday starts only.  Airbnb is not set up to do this automatically so you have to decline any reservation that does not fit this criteria.  You must still price the property on a per night basis - but it will never change, so just put the total in the listing if it makes you feel better to advertize it. 

IF you mean you want guests to check in on Saturday but check out on Friday and spend 6 nights, you can put the 6-night minimum into the system and block off every Friday night so ONLY guests seeking to reserve Saturday to Friday will see your listing.  

Janet19
Level 2
England, United Kingdom

Dear Danielle

I'd like to do something similar for a holiday flat in Wales - did you work out how to do this?  If so, can you let me know as I can't see how to do it.

With kind regards

Janet

Helen3
Level 10
Bristol, United Kingdom

Hi

@Janet19 

@Alice-and-Jeff0 have already explained in the post above yours the only option for doing this. BNB is not set up for weekly holiday lettings so if that is what you want to offer you are probably best using one of the many holiday letting companies that offer this service.

Turquoise0
Level 2
Rethimnon, Greece

HELLO! IS THIS STILL EXISTS? THAT Airbnb is a per-night business.  You cannot post a weekly price.??

That means that I can only specify the minimun days or maximum days of stay?

Looking forward to a reply

Thanks

Hi Turquoise, I'm having the same difficulty. Have you been able to find a way to post a weekly price? 

Thank you in advance for your reply! 

Ingrid

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

@Ingrid226

All listings aways show a nightly price, its just the way it is on airbnb, guests know they have to put dates in to get the cost for multiple nights.

If you only want guests to book weekly:

Set a minimum stay of 7 nights and a checkin day of Saturday by clicking on  "Add a custom rule for seasons or specific dates" all guests will have to book 7-14 or 21 nights starting on a Saturday.

Untitled3.jpg.pngUntitled4.jpg.png

@Jeff158

Thank your for your explanation. I had already done exactly that, but the problem is that people can (as long as they book a minimum of 7 days) also book 8, 10, 12 or whatever is longer than 7 days... Not necessarily 7, 14 or 21, which is what I would like.

Thanks again!

Hello

I want the same option for our high season months. Apparently this is not possible. Maybe the only way to do, is to mention it in our description that only (multiple) week reservations are possibe? 

Or is there already a better solution to this?

Wkr

Jeff158
Level 10
Caernarfon, United Kingdom

Hi @Bart54 @Ingrid226 It is now possible, I've just tried it using "Rule Sets" by choosing the same checkin and checkout days. 

Rule sets are for multiple listings but they work just fine with a single listing, click the link below and scroll down to "Use tools that work for you" then click "Try them now"

https://www.airbnb.co.uk/host/professional

This link explains how rule sets work : https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/2061/how-do-rule-sets-work

Untitled4.jpg

Hello

This is a rule set for every time of the year...

My guest should be able to check in and check out any time, except when it's july and august (vacation periods), than I want them only to check in/out on fridays, so I only want reservations for a week and not random period reservations in vacation periods.

I believe this is still not possible to set, or am I wrong and don't understand what you refer to?

Thank you already for sharing your knowledge about airbnb

James1298
Level 1
Scotland, United Kingdom

just reading this thread. it does look like you can specify requirements for specific dates in the custom rules part? may take a bit of setting up but you could probably set each custom period as one week with the minium and maximum stay as 7 days and with the check in as the first day of that week. 

would that work?

Sue410
Level 2
Wales, United Kingdom

This the same issue I am finding could we join together and lobby Airbnb to adapt the system to offer week booking in high season as with my listing they grey out the dates that are available and only blue the Saturday ‘s so it looks like im

booked all month when I’m not 

so frustrating