What happens with the airbnb credit if I shorten my trip?

Urban0
Level 2
Zagorje ob Savi, Slovenia

What happens with the airbnb credit if I shorten my trip?

I have booked 8 nights on airbnb and applied my airbnb credit when paying. I arrived today, but I do not like the location of the place. The rooms are as described and the host is friendly, however it is just my personal preference, therefor I will checkout the day after tomorrow after speaking with the host.

My question is what happens with the aribnb credit if my host edits and shortens the trip from 8 days to 2 or 3 days?

5 Replies 5
Steve143
Level 10
Limerick, Ireland

Hello @Urban0,

You don't say how the credit was awarded. Presuming that it's credit for having referred a freind to Airbnb then the article below applies.

https://www.airbnb.ie/help/article/1367/how-do-i-book-a-trip-with-travel-credit-from-referrals

It says:

"Your travel credit can only be used once. If you use travel credit on a reservation and then cancel that reservation, the travel credit can’t be used again.". So I think that none of your credit will be given back to you if the stay is shortened.

If the trip is shortened you can see your remaining credit by clicking on your profile photo and selecting "Invite friends" from the menu.

You can always contact Airbnb support to see what they say.

Steve.

Quincy
Community Manager
Community Manager
London, United Kingdom

Hi @Urban0,

Welcome!

I was wondering if you've seen Steve's reply? 

-----

Please follow the Community Guidelines // Volg de communityrichtlijnen

Urban0
Level 2

Hello, yes, I have seen it but

Urban0
Level 2

it does not answer my question. This answers what happens if you cancel, but not amend/shorten your trip.

Urban0
Level 2

I have as suggested contacted support directly, but the official  outsorced support from who knows where, did not help either. The support representative just pasted me an anwer what I must do to amend the reservation... and not a thing about my real question on what happens with the credit in this case.

I must say this is quite horrible as of now. Airbnb used to excel in support. Now I am already waiting two days for a simple question that noone seems to know the answer for!